10070 Harvest Park, Dimondale, Michigan 48821, US Dimondale, MI 48821
This analyst role is the finance analyst on all cannabis category-wide financial processes including the Monthly Business Planning process, the Forecast, The Market Business Strategy, SKU Rationalization,
the creation of the monthly leadership presentations and other ad-hoc requests from both the Director and CFO.
This person will support the retail, product, manufacturing, and Leadership Team. They will be responsible for providing timely and quality analytics, explanations, coordination and collaboration
of consolidated division financial metrics to help manage financial risks and opportunities to ensure delivery of high performance targets.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities
- Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Coordinate, prepare and review all financial reporting required by Management.
- Provide cross functional team (marketing, sales, supply chain) with appropriate financial reporting and measurements along with detailed analysis to drive business decisions.
- Provide executive summary detailing results, trends, variances, risks and opportunities.
- Partner with functional teams to generate insights and influence business results
- Develop and Implement financial and operational processes to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the finance function within the division.
- Drive decision making and accountability to achieve financial targets.
- Provide appropriate analysis of plans and forecasts to support sales, marketing and operational activities.
- Partner with business leads to assist in annual budget creation.
- Support communication between Corporate and the Division.
- Special projects and cross functional/divisional teams, both within and outside of FP&A, as requested.
- BA/BS with major in Accounting or Finance, or BA/BS degree with coursework up to and
- including intermediate accounting
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Accounting/Finance
- CPA, CMA, CFM, CCE, MBA
- Food or consumer goods industry experience
- Hands-on knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Standards (US GAAP) or
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Decision support skills
- Working knowledge of budget preparation and forecasting for cost centers / balance
- sheet accounts
- Complex financial modeling skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, proficient in Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint; working
- knowledge of ERP systems
- Investment justification skills, project management skills
- Effectively manage competing priorities by choosing those deliverables that will have
- the highest impact on the performance results
- Manage/organize time, information, and resources effectively in order to meet
- deadlines and respond to requests on a timely basis; multi-task
- Train, coach, motivate and reinforce performance to achieve business goals
- Network across functional and divisional silos
- Build, focus and motivate effective teams
- Influence business decisions with concrete financial support
- Resolve conflicts / discrepancies positively and professionally
- Work independently in solving business issues and taking initiative
- Partner with the customer / other functional teams to drive business results and meet
- Recommend possible strategic courses of action to capitalize on business opportunities
- Identify risks and opportunities
- Manage projects
- Leverage best practices
- Communicate effectively and professionally in written and verbal form, including
- presentation skills
- Apply good judgment and professional integrity in decision-making