108 w 39 New York, NY 10022
Title: WordPress Developer
Company: Full-service Live Entertainment Ad Agency
Location: New York, New York
Responsibilities: Support client teams in the production of all web deliverables and technical requests including emails, splash pages, full websites, designing wireframes, etc. This role will be a liaison between design and development, and assist in the planning and execution of maintenance systems.
- Function as go-between for design and development, clarifying and designing responsive wireframes
- Create basic templates, partials, and simple WordPress functions
- Slice and build emails from a PSD/JPG/PNG, etc.
- Code emails from scratch for MailChimp delivery
- Advise on UX best practices to improve and simplify website development
- Support with creative web design tasks as needed
- Help add functions/update existing sites and build new ones
- 3 years' experience with WordPress development in an agency environment
- Proficient in all aspects of WordPress
- HTML email development expertise; familiarity with MailChimp
- Familiarity with establishing DNS settings from purchasing domains to pointing, etc.
- UX experience or knowledge a HUGE +!
- Basic Adobe Suite Design skills (optimizing images for web, fix things, etc.)
- Can set up and operate with Google Analytics, search console, tag manager
- Can set up new G-suite email accounts with new domains
- Experience with Advanced Custom Fields for WordPress a +
- Backend coding ability a +
- Must have the ability to work with GitHub confidently
- Familiar with Accessibility, Performance, SEO, and general best practices
- General browser compatibility — the last two versions of all browsers including IE11
- General server/site security for static and WP sites
- Familiar with WordPress engine hosting platform
- Familiar with Monday or other project management systems
- Familiar with Webflow designing and exporting