Video Content Strategist
201 11th St San Francisco, CA 94103
San Francisco, CA
About the role:
The Video Content Strategist will be part of the core Go To Market team. This leader will develop a video content strategy that guides our development of video based assets for the brand. The leader will map key audiences, known purchase barriers and make recommendations on which barriers are enduring and best solved through video communication. With a clearly defined strategy and roadmap, the leader will create a production plan to get video assets built according to an aligned budget and schedule.
The leader will make a recommendation on whether we should build assets in house (i.e. video production studio) or through a partner (contracted video production house or a roster agency relationship). The Video Content manager will work with our social strategist to place and distribute our video assets across the right platforms (YouTube, website, blog, LinkedIn, Snap, Twitter etc). The manager will work in partnership with our analytics and optimization team to determine the reach and effectiveness of our video communication and it’ s impact on our key user and brand health metrics.
The Brand is expected to grow to become a leading consumer brand globally over the next decade. We expect rapid growth and development of the brand for years to come. We intend to build a team of passionate brand builders who want to learn, grow, and develop their marketing careers in what we hope will become the bell weather for marketing and advertising in Silicon Valley. Our goal is to enable our team to grow into larger roles and gain broader exposure to a variety of marketing disciplines which prepares our team members to become the marketing leaders of the next decade.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Develop and gain alignment to a video content strategy.
- Develop and align a budget, schedule, and key objectives for our video program.
- Screen and work with video production partners to get video assets built that are consistent with our brand tone and voice.
- Project manage budgets, timelines, production schedules, shoots, and edits.
- Work with social strategy team to place and distribute video assets according to our editorial schedule.
- Analyze, interpret, and make strategic recommendations to Team Leader on how to improve the reach and efficacy of our video assets.
- Scope includes consumer facing content, employee content, recruiting content, investor content, and partner content all in video form.
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- Video production and development.
- Marketing and brand building experience with consumer facing brands.
- Deep understanding of digital landscape.
- Strong project management, budget management, and operational skills.
- Ability to write clear creative briefs for video creation partners (agencies, production shops, influencers).
- Experience developing content strategies and developing video assets for brands that have strategic intent. If you are not deeply versed in building and executing a content strategy for a brand then this is not the right role for you.
- Great leadership capability and potential.
- A deep passion for the power of storytelling in sight sound and motion.
- Agility and ability to work in fast moving Silicon Valley technology company.
- Full-time work on site in San Francisco