Brand Content Mgr
201 11th St San Francisco, CA 94103
at Cruise Automation
San Francisco, CA
JOB TITLE: Cruise Brand Content Manager
Cruise is the driverless car company started by Kyle Vogt and Daniel Kan in 2013 in San Francisco.We believe in improving people’ s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more useful. We’ re building the world’ s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. Cruise has taken significant investments from General Motors and Softbank to scale and launch the first driverless ride hailing service in San Francisco.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it' s needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the Cruise Marketing Organization: Cruise is a new to the world brand that is creating a world changing category of autonomous vehicle mobility for consumers. We’ ve just hired our first Chief Marketing Officer who has built brands at Procter & Gamble, Google, and Intuit. We’ re now building a marketing organization from the ground up that will help us launch the brand to everyone in San Francisco in the summer of 2019. From there, our goal is to build a world changing global brand that redefines mobility for the next generation. The right candidate will be one of the first members of our marketing organization and will have a chance to shape the definition of our brand and our working culture from day one.
About the role: The Cruise Content Manager will be part of the core Cruise Go To Market team. This leader will develop a holistic content strategy that guides the development of multi-channel assets for the brand. The leader will map key audiences, understand known behavioral barriers, and make recommendations on which barriers are enduring (ie people will always want to know why they should believe that a self driving car is safe) and best solved through content platforms. With a clearly defined strategy and roadmap, the leader will create a production plan to get assets built according to an aligned budget and schedule. The leader will make a recommendation on whether we should build assets in house or through a partner (contracted production house or a roster agency relationship).
The Content Manager will lead a team of marketers who specialize in social strategy, social production, and copywriting, to place and distribute our assets across the right platforms (YouTube, website, blog, LinkedIn, Snap, Twitter, CRM etc). The manager will work in partnership with our analytics and optimization team to determine the reach and effectiveness of our content and its impact on our key user and brand health metrics.
The Cruise Brand will experience rapid growth and development in the years to come. We are building a team of passionate brand builders who want to learn, grow, and develop their marketing careers in what we hope will become the bell weather for marketing and advertising in Silicon Valley.
This role reports to the Marketing Director, Cruise Go To Market, and is part of the Cruise Marketing Organization which is led by our Chief Marketing Officer.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Develop and gain alignment to a Cruise content strategy and editorial calendar.
- Develop and align a budget, schedule, and key objectives for our content program.
- Screen and work with production partners to build assets that are consistent with our brand tone and voice.
- Project manage budgets, timelines, production schedules, shoots, and edits.
- Work with cross-functional teams to place and distribute content according to our editorial schedule.
- Analyze, interpret, and make strategic recommendations to Team Leader on how to improve the reach and efficacy of our assets.
- Lead a team of content strategists and creators, managing for both the day-to-day and longer term coaching and career development.
- Scope includes consumer facing content, employee content, recruiting content, investor content, and partner content all in forms.
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- A background in creating and editing consumer facing words, video and multimedia and managing teams of content creators
- Experience developing content verticals to develop individual audiences
- Experience creating content strategies across connected ecosystems to drive subscription, sign up or product download and use. A clear ability to link content strategy to business outcomes.
- Understanding of CRM strategy across multiple touchpoints - email, notification, app etc and experience working with CRM teams to develop engagement
- Understanding of tech stacks in particular how they enable distribution of content
- Understanding of meta-data and taxonomy types and how they impact the likes of content distribution across an ecosystem.
- Experience working with data teams to develop connected measurement models.
- Experience leading video production and development.
- Marketing and brand building experience with consumer facing brands.
- Deep understanding of digital landscape.
- Strong project management, budget management, and operational skills.
- Ability to write clear creative briefs for asset creation partners (agencies, production shops, influencers).
- Great leadership capability and potential.
- A deep passion for the power of storytelling in sight sound and motion.
- Agility and ability to work in fast moving Silicon Valley technology company.
- Ability to live and work in San Francisco
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’ s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Annual Learning and Development stipend
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Healthy lunch, dinner, and snacks