Vice President of Sales
26 Broadway, 3rd Fl New York, NY 10014
Title: Vice President Sales
Company: Innovative Healthy Food CPG Start-up
Location: New York, New York
Responsibilities: the VP Sales is a senior leadership role that will have a key voice in how the company advances its mission and builds the business and will help accelerate growth to the next level:
- Serve as the head of sales for the company, be a dedicated manager for your team, and patiently build a world class organization.
- Continually create, update, and implement strategic plans by channel and account, with a focus on long-term goals, and an awareness of short-term tactical opportunities.
- Account Management: Hands-on communication, relationship-building, and selling to accounts. Bring retailer-specific awareness for how to best navigate challenging situations and competing priorities.
- Rigorously manage and evaluate broker partners, building the network over time. • Distributor Management: Own our overall approach to optimizing distribution relationships.
- Work across Grocery, Natural, Club, eComm, and Foodservice to build a path forward with flexibility and optionality.
- Bring an approach strong in quantitative and financial metrics, as well as one that shows a deep understanding of how retail works, and how to best position a brand to win long-term.
- BA/BS required.
- 10-20 years’ experience in CPG sales scaling growth for successful food company start-ups
- Growth-oriented, you enjoy the fast pace, relentless competing demands, and opportunity for ownership of growing a company 100% YoY, and have experience doing so.
- Committed to managing and developing talent – 5+ years’ experience as a team lead, with significant past performance management and hiring responsibility.
- Analytical and data-minded – someone who looks at retailer data for fun and finds stories within it.
- • A strategic thinker and adept problem solver who can create win-win partnerships even in challenging circumstances. Experience creating relationships at all levels of a customer (e.g. top to top).
- A trailblazer with a manager’ s brain, who thrives on a healthy mix of original problem solving and innovation, daily grind, and big-picture strategy.
- Up to 50% travel.
Salary: commensurate with experience