1101 Westlake Ave N Seattle, WA 98109
Our client, a reputable VR technology company, is looking for a VFX Artist to join their real time experience team in Seattle for a year-long project. They' re looking for a specialist who excels in the creative side of content creation, as well as the technical side of VFX. The ideal candidate is fantastic at problem solving and enjoys testing the new waters of VFX in VR.
This is an onsite individual contributor position.
- Concept, create, and implement visual effects for real time virtual reality
- Rapidly prototype and iterate on ideas and the creation process
- Collaborate with environment artists, concept artists, designers, and engineers
- Communicate ideas with other VFX artists and the Art Director to create and maintain artistic styles and content
- Work to optimize effects to run efficiently at high frame rates while sustaining high visual fidelity
SKILLS + REQUIREMENTS
- 2+ Years working in game or film in the role of Visual Effects Artist
- Experience or demonstrable knowledge of a modern game engine (Unreal, Unity, etc)
- Experience in basic 3D content creation in a common software package (Maya, Modo, 3ds Max)
- Node based shader/material creation
- Experience with VR VFX
- Additional knowledge of rendering pipelines/content optimization
- Unreal Engine 4 Blueprints