User Experience Designer
108 West 39th Street 7th Fl Suite # 710 New York, NY 10018
Company: Advertising Agency
Title: User Experience Designer
Location: New York, New York
Compensation: Depends on Experience
Our growing User Experience team is seeking a full-time User Experience Designer (IxD) with a passion and hands on ability to turn complex industry challenges into useful, desirable and dependable user-centered advertising technology experiences.
- Participate and contribute to user interviews, discovery sessions, brainstorms, and design thinking workshops.
- Capture findings from the research team and user input and feedback to inform effective design decisions and revisions.
- Provide value through design thinking that intersects user centricity and business innovation.
- Create user experience deliverables including: journey maps, user flows, IA documents, data diagrams, and clickable prototypes.
- Ensure that your great ideas and artifacts fuel user stories and specifications through the engineering process in order to retain design integrity of the product through each release.
- Partner with other disciplines including product management, engineering, and data science and be a representative of user-centered design throughout the product development lifecycle.
- Evangelize User Experience best practices, strategies, techniques, and methodologies.
- 3+ years of experience
- The ability and passion to tell stories with data, verbally and visually using your excellent interpersonal skills and oral and written communication skills
- Experience with complex data-driven visualizations, dashboards and user interactions (advertising technology, finance, etc)
- The passion for exploring multiple avenues and iterating based on the journey down the best avenue
- Profiency in Sketch, Omnigraffle, Adobe Creative Suite, Invision, Powerpoint, and Keynote
- The professional demeanor to communicate and articulate with product and agency stakeholders and with users
- Capacity to excel both independently and within a collaborative team environment
- Ability to deliver deadline-driven quality work with grace and a healthy sense of humor
- Knowledge of front end development technologies (HTML, Angular, React, D3, CSS, etc.)Some knowledge of the traditional, digital, and programmatic media industry’ s complexities and challenges