UX Researcher II
770 Broadway New York, NY 132100
Join a collaborative and passionate team working to make the best experiences for people capturing and sharing the world' s moments. Our work aims to understand the people who use our products, gleaning insights to drive product direction and strategy. For this position, we are looking for a contract researcher who is familiar with both lab-based evaluative research and quantitative survey methodologies.
In this position, you will mainly work with an engineering team tasked with making our internal tools best-in-class. You will conduct research on our internal employees, providing insights that shape product direction. You will also develop and analyze large global surveys which seek to better understand our users around the globe.
This is a 12-month contract role.
The right candidates will be excellent communicators, knowledgeable about user experience design and research, passionate about social computing, comfortable in a flat, fast moving organization, excited to collaborate, and focused squarely on impacting the product and business.
- Work closely with product and engineering teams to identify research topics
- Design research studies that drive tactical and strategic product decisions
- Conduct design research to generate insights that fuel ideation
- Conduct evaluative, lab-based user studies
- Develop and analyze quantitative, global surveys
- Work cross-functionally with analytics, business, design, engineering, marketing and product management
- Communicate results and illustrate suggestions in compelling and creative ways
- B.A/B.S. in Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction, Experimental Psychology, or a related field
- Experience with both qualitative and quantitative methodologies
- 3+ years experience in lab-based User Experience research
- Ability to translate research findings into actionable product design recommendations
- Experience with data analysis
- Ability to ask, as well as answer, meaningful and impactful questions
- Demonstrated communication skills
- MA/MS in HCI, Psychology, Social Science or a related field
- Knowledge of data analysis tools like SPSS, R and SQL