UX Project Mgr
345 Potrero Street Sunnyvale, California 95014
Location: On-site in Sunnyvale
Initial Duration: 9-12 months
Start Date: ASAP
User Experience team is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic UX Design Project Manager with a deep understanding of user-centered software product design. The ideal candidate will have a background in UX Design with a solid understanding of the product design process, from discovery research and requirements gathering, through design iteration, validation testing, and QA.
The UX Project Manager works very closely with the Design Lead and team, taking the initiative necessary to help maintain design focus and quality from a project execution perspective, identifying risks and providing tactical support wherever appropriate. This role provides communication structure, project management, and strong executional leadership for the design team. The UX Project Manager knows the project timeline health and risks at all times, manages meetings and design reviews, captures concise meeting notes, anticipates roadblocks, and communicates project status to key stakeholders.
• 5+ years’ experience working as part of UX product design teams (of 3+ designers)
• Strong knowledge of the basic concepts of application architecture, the software design process, and UI/UX design deliverables
• Experience with Agile design methodologies
• Ability to effectively capture and distill key ideas, anticipate roadblocks, and communicate decisions and action items in concise meeting notes
• Keen ability to grasp complexity quickly and focus on key issues
• Experience working with cross-functional project teams
• Experience collaborating with product teams reporting into multiple managers