UX/Interaction Design Manager 49331
601 W 26th Street New York, New York 10001
Job Title: UX / Interaction Design
Company: Consumer Brands
Location: New York, NY
Length: 6-18 months
• Responsible for contributing to and shaping the UX and interaction design practice within the design team and collaboration with teams to embrace challenges and experiment with new ways of thinking and making.
• Responsible for the effective design and specification of user interfaces and information architecture using participatory and iterative design techniques, including observational studies, customer interviews, writing protocols, usability testing, and other forms of empathy building and requirements.
• Contribute to large-scale, complex and in-depth initiatives, producing personas, storyboards, scenarios, flowcharts, design prototypes, and design specifications that show how our digital products enhance and fit within the context of an overall experience. Inform decisions, give clear feedback, track issues, assist in estimating resource needs and schedules, respond positively and calmly to shifting priorities, opinions, demands and timelines.
• Help to identify leverage points and potential platforms across different portfolios and businesses to ensure consistency of approach.
• Bachelor’ s degree and at least 5 years of user interface design experience
• Possess change agency and business partnership skills at all levels of the organization including sensitivity to different cultures and interests.
• Strong knowledge of user interface design processes and methodology, particularly as applied to Web, mobile and digital-based applications and consumer electronics including Agile and lean user-experience processes.
• Strong knowledge of user research, usability and accessibility standards.
• A compelling portfolio of work demonstrating
• Proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Adobe CS, Axure, Sketch, FramerJS, and a willingness to explore new tools.