UX Design Lead
250 Bowie Ave. Toronto, Ontario M6E 4Y2
Company: Well Known Clothing Retailer
Job Title: UX Design Lead, eCommerce
Location: Toronto, CA
The UX Design Lead, eCommerce is responsible for defining, planning and delivering transformative customer experience design practices and collaborating with strategy, data insight, creative and technology to evolve our digital experience.
Seeking an individual with a blend of exceptional user experience design skills, rich UX design best practice knowledge, strong research approach, strategic thinking and passion to create intuitive, elegant and scalable ecommerce & omni channel solutions with a customer centric mentality.
We’ re looking for someone who facilitates decisions, demonstrates excellent communication skills, has a high level of autonomy and thrives in a fast-paced and frequently changing environment.
This is a hands-on role and you should be adept at leading stakeholder interviews, mapping user journeys, creating low/high fidelity prototypes and annotating interactions - all driven by real audience insights - to help our wide range of digital product initiatives.
As a member in the product management team, your leading role will require you to mentor your team of UX designers to become better practitioners through career and skill development. You’ ll be of introducing best UX practices and support product managers/owners to carry ideas from inception to implementation. You are also expected to be well connected in the market and attract the brightest design talent within the region.
- Lead ideation and concept explorations throughout the project lifecycle, facilitating and driving creative solutions, discussions and strategic planning.
- Collaborating with data team to deliver insights about people and behavior, verbally and visually, in a way that generates empathy, emotion, and engagement from stakeholders.
- Ensure solutions are scalable and applicable to the business context; and that knowledge and best practices are shared across projects and teams.
- Ensuring the UX team approach the design challenge methodically and productively to achieve a desirable solution. Drive quality and efficiency.
- Responsible for the quality of UX deliverables - including but not limited to: user journeys, business flows, site architectures, wireframes, hi/low fidelity prototypes, annotations and specs and timely support to product management, engineering and creative teams.
- Work with data insight team to create process to validate concepts / result early through A/B testing / piloting & etc. Perform UAT and provide timely feedback to the project team.
- Perform user experience research, conduct data analysis, assumption validation and responsible for the quality of the UX deliverables and constantly improve the user experience.
- Provide oversight to track, manage and communicate project milestones, deliverables and risks with the project team, and being hands-on when needed.
- Creating a productive design culture in the office, by leading by example and through proven, consistent management practices.
- Provide mentorship and coaching of UX designers.
Experience, Education and Designations:
- Bachelor’ s degree or equivalent in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Cognitive Science, Digital Web/Software Design or related academic stream
- 5 + years in the industry as a UX / Interaction / Product Designer or Information Architect
- 3 + years experience in designing eCommerce solution. Preferable in fashion/lifestyle
- Proficient technical knowledge of ecommerce technologies, User Centric Design, Agile methodology and web development
- All candidates must provide a portfolio with examples demonstrating experience in creating UX design solutions that is based on findings from user research, UCD principles, and best practices. Examples could either be low or high fidelity prototypes / mock-ups.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Must possess a design portfolio that demonstrates tactical experience with user-centered design patterns and methodologies & best practices, including:
- Creation of User Journey or business flows
- Expert-level design of low-to-high fidelity Wireframes and Functional Prototypes
- Ability to craft Visual Annotations and Functional Specifications for Development teams
- Excellent understanding in Mobile First, Lean UX and responsive design principles
- Excellent interaction chops, an eye for quality design and ability to think through product strategy
- Proficient in prototyping tools: InVision, Sketch and comparable tools.
- Solid understanding in HTML, CSS.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts and cost/benefit tradeoffs of different design solutions
- Ability to manage scope and time while maintaining high quality standards.
- Excellent skills in driving decisions and engaging stakeholders.
- Experience in agile (Scrum) based environment, able to use issue tracking / feedback tools like Jira and InVision.
- Solid understanding of ecommerce platforms and best practices, especially Salesforce Commerce Cloud or equivalent technology stacks (Shopify, Magento & etc) is a plus
- Solid understanding of omni channel solutions and experience in designing digital experience in store (POS, Kiosk, Digital display) is a plus.
- Office environment