UX Design Lead
535 mission st San Francisco, CA 94107
Although not a people manager, you are a great design leader and systems-level design thinker and visionary - with an outstanding intuition - who will provide leadership and direction for strategic design projects. You have a sense for clean design and are committed to creating elegantly simple user experiences from otherwise complex workflows. You also take time to understand performance side of design, and also the business aspects of the products.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Provide leadership, direction and mentorship for a team of UX Designers; lead creative and holistic thinking across diverse product releases, platforms and devices.
- Articulate user journeys with scenarios, storyboards and presentations, low- and high-fidelity mocks, detailed interaction specs, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Build strong relationships, influence and partnerships with leaders inside and outside their core product team to efficiently implement user experiences that are cohesive, inclusive, and well-informed.
- Contribute to UX vision and strategy, generating buy-in and operationalizing the strategy across larger teams and timelines.
- Raise the bar for product quality across our products by advocating for user centered product roadmaps, investments in last-mile refinement and polish, and insights driven by user research.
- Implement culture and principles within the group, while setting new standards in executional and operational excellence.
- 9+ years of experience designing and shipping software user experiences.
- Demonstrable experience leading other designers delivering an exceptional experience for a complex enterprise software project.
- A portfolio of UX-focused work samples for web and mobile applications that demonstrate your design thinking.
- Experience collaborating with and influencing Product Management and Engineering counterparts.
- Experience conducting UX research to amplify research and design impact.
- Expertise with design tools (e.g. Sketch, Figma, Photoshop) to produce wireframes and high fidelity mockups.
- Degree in Human-Computer Interaction or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience