8437 Warner Drive Los Angeles, CA 90232
Role: UI/UX Designer
Company: Large Entertainment Company in LA
Duration: temp to perm
Pay: Dependent on experience
- Designs current and future domain user experience that meets long term and near term business goals and user needs (e.g. KPI’ s and user success metrics).
- Effectively collaborates with managers, product managers, engineers, and researchers to define, conceptualize, and design user-facing products.
- Partners with the UX leadership team to define the domain experience and to ensure deliverables are consistent with the user experience design vision.
- Designs across web, mobile apps, and in-store environments, ensuring a consistent user experience across different platforms.
- Works through domain design problems from beginning to end: conceptualizes new products and features, designs storyboards, workflows, interactions, wireframes, high fidelity mockups, and design standards based on business goals and user research.
- Champions user experience design throughout the organization and contributes to making it an essential process for improvement and innovation.
- Serves as a subject matter expert and thought leader on user experience design for assigned domain.
- Mentors user experience designers across the department.
- Minimum 7 years UX/UI design experience across consumer mobile applications, websites, or retail stores.
- BA/BS in Design Required, preferably in UX related fields of HCI, Industrial Design, Product Design, Architecture or Graphic Design. Masters degree preferred.
- Advanced thought leadership and UX design vision skills, including advanced analytical, strategic, and conceptual design skills.
- Deep knowledge designing for mobile apps and responsive web experiences; well versed in user interface design processes and methodology, including user-centered design.
- Strong ability to identify business goals, and capable of designing user experiences that support business goals and user needs.
- Advanced ability to design high-fidelity mockups and prototypes, and iterate on user interface design and interaction flow of applications and experiences based on user feedback.
- Strong ability to leverage metrics, optimization, and qualitative and quantitative research to inform and validate design decisions.
- Strong verbal and written communicator with all levels of business leaders; ability to influence and cultivate strong relationships with key business stakeholders in the organization.
- Solid negotiation skills across a variety of audiences; can successfully advocate solutions among peers and to executive leadership.
- Ability to inspire, develop, and coach team members.
- Solid time management and prioritization skills; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, at various stages of their development.
- Must have a strong user experience design portfolio that clearly demonstrates consumer oriented user experience design solutions for complex problems.