2 Penn Plaza 16th Floor New York, New York 10121
Title: UI Designer
Type of Company: Entertainment company
Location: New York, NY
Duration: Full Time
Compensation: Dependent on experience
We are looking for a talented UI Designer to create amazing user experiences. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior UI skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts, and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces. The UI Designer position will be working exclusively on a new digital platform. The ideal candidate will be able to create engaging product design while elevating user experience and enhancing the brand.
- Collaborate with product management and technology to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Bringing user-centered and mobile-first design practice to all projects.
- Present designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Estimate efforts accurately and prioritize tasks independently and rapidly produce deliverables in a fast-paced iterative environment.
- Bring user-centered and mobile-first design practice to all projects.
- Proven UI experience
- Demonstrable UI design skills with a strong portfolio
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, OmniGraffle, or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- BS/MS in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or related
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with Mobile apps
- 4+ years of experience
- Experience in live entertainment: sports, music and/or theater a plus
- Direct experience with large, complex organizations