UI /Visual Designer
27132 Paseo Espada b1225, San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675
Job Title: UI Designer
Company: Apparel & fashion Company
Location: San Juan Capistrano, CA
• Collaborate with product management, creative department, and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience
• Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
• Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
• Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
• Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
• Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback
• Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
• Proven UI experience
• Must have strong online portfolio
• Demonstrable UI design skills
• Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
• Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, OmniGraffle, or other visual design and wire-framing tools
• Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
• Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders.
• Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
• Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
• BS/MS in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design is a plus but not required
Ability to build out and maintain a design system.
Currently, I' m combing through their existing site but what they need is someone to have a thorough understanding of building the system out from an atomic/molecular level and then hopefully to a component level.
Ability to have a strong design sense of the brand. The brand is geared toward the hipster/surfer professional with expendable income.
Some experience with A/B testing and how to rapidly design and develop them. Their dev team works remotely so the challenge is connecting with them to figure out the best build for efficiency. This is why creating a design system is critical so the dev team can get quicker at tests because, at the moment, all of the code is custom.
User testing and facilitating users. I' ve been implementing a series of usability tests so it will be good for them to have someone who knows how to do this and facilitate the Think-Aloud-Protocol process.
Ability to deal with frequently changing priorities and working with remote teams. They work with a strategy team in Seattle and then most of the dev team work remote with one in South Africa so the time zone is opposite. When delivering final art or collaborating on tests, it will be important for the next person to know how to communicate design strategies so that the dev team has a good idea of what is being worked on and how it will impact them