Technical Product Quality Engineer
1515 Broadway 46th Floor New York, NY 10036
Title: Technical Product Quality Engineer
Type of Company: Entertainment
Location: New York, NY (Manhattan)
This is a contract to hire job opportunity
As a Technical Product Quality Engineer you will report directly to the Senior Manager, Product Architecture & Quality Assurance. This position will provide automation testing support for Engineering and will drive forward our efforts to increase our automated and continuous integration pipeline
- Contribute to our efforts to build an extensive and scalable continuous integration and continuous delivery pipeline
- Contribute to the implementation of using automation tools for measuring KPI’ s in a business operating 24/7
- Writing and orchestrating automation of tests in a CI/CD environment.
- Be an advocate for technical excellence regarding testable, scalable and high-quality products within the Engineering team.
- 2+ years proven experience writing functional tests against applications and APIs via scripting languages or code (and not only through tools).
- Understands the role of unit tests in an effective automated testing environment and has experience working on a team that has used them. While developers may have been the ones writing the tests, candidate was able to review and recommend effective ways to write the relevant tests.
- Understands the value in different types of automated tests and how they can complement each other for in-depth coverage and risk management.
- Experience writing tests that test larger software components and systems for functional, performance, and reliability requirements across a range of hardware and runtime platforms.
- Experience working in an engineering process where fast iterations are used to steadily improve and advance the product.
- Experience in knowing software development patterns that support testability and advocating for their use in the code base.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Believes in building high quality products for their entire life cycle.
- A team player that will thrive in our fluid, fast-paced, dynamic, scaling environment.
- A highly motivated self-starter.
- Operates with a sense of urgency and values accountability.
- A creative problem solver who makes concise and informed decisions.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects from inception to production release.
- Conducts him/herself with a high degree of integrity.