108 w 39 New York, NY 10022
Title: Studio Manager
Company: Leading Photography & Motion Studio
Location: New York, New York
The role oversees the operation of a 100, 000 square foot, full-service fashion photography studio Monday through Friday during the hours of 4: 00PM-1: 00AM.
You will be responsible for patrolling, monitoring, mentoring, overseeing, and directing 5 departments.
- Point of contact for all client complaints, issues and requests, including accidents & injuries. Responsible for the immediate relay of complaints and emergencies to upper management and appropriate departments
- Supervise floor staff: caffe, digital, front desk and maintenance
- Complete knowledge of procedures and protocols for all departments under your supervision: caffe, digital, front desk and maintenance.
- Complete knowledge of all standard equipment duties and RS functions.
- Responsible for training equipment subordinates in all procedures and protocols.
- Report lateness and insubordination of equipment staff directly to Equipment Manager.
- Report lateness and insubordination of departments under your supervision to the appropriate department manager and upper management.
- Have direct impact in the hiring and termination of employees.
- Make decisions independently of upper management if required.
- Ability to bind the company in contracts (repairs, rentals etc)
- Monitor production email to ensure client needs are addressed in a timely manner
- Deal with client equipment budgets, estimates, equipment requests and studio layouts
- Monitor PM employee hours in the Paylocity system.
- Property and facility management – point of contact for vendors performing work or repairs in the studio during shift hours.
- Ensure security of the premises
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and written skills. This role is very client-facing and main form of communication is email so must be able to write articulately; they will be interacting with the top fashion and advertising clients in the country.
- Smart and a quick learner
- Prior supervisory experience a must – will have 12-15 direct reports
- Good organizational skills and ability to prioritize work daily according to client needs, what’ s on fire, etc.
- Ideal candidates should have studio / production experience / experience with photo equipment; any restaurant or hospitality exp (even part-time) is a big plus!
- There will be physical labor involved when necessary so must be ready and able to pitch in when needed!