Manager of Strategy, Analytics and Business Planning
557 Broadway New York, NY 10012
Title: Manager of Strategy, Analytics and Business Planning
Location: New York, New York
**CANDIDATES MUST BE US CITIZEN OR HAVE A GREEN CARD**
JBC is looking for a Manager of Strategy, Analytics and Business Planning for a large publishing company in NYC! The ideal candidate has a solid business head and is passionate about getting things done. You will develop domain expertise for one sector within the company across all functions, from sales and marketing, to operations and technology. The role will have the variety of strategy consulting with the satisfaction of pushing your ideas through to implementation and performance review.
- Perform data mining and data analysis on large data sets to uncover trends, answer critical business questions and report the operational and marketing performance of the business.
- Carry out value added analysis for multiple projects involving revenue pipeline data by developing an understanding of business problems, defining analytics approaches & data reporting, retrieving data for analysis, deliver actionable insights to leadership and make strategic analytical recommendations.
- Oversee creation and publication of monthly dashboard reports analyzing key performance and volume metrics.
- Develop new techniques and processes for evaluating and measuring performance and success
- Provide expertise and innovation in the design of business ad hocs, analytics, and reporting tool development in order to aid in the automation of business processes and experience improvement
- Apply a forward looking mentality to continuously research improvement methods and tools to deliver significant results across various departments, in order to simplify our processes and improve the client experience while increasing staff productivity
- Establish and develop strong relationships with departmental and organizational leaders, and champion a culture of teamwork, continuous learning and self-improvement while maintaining values and interests
- Provide leadership to collaborate and strategize with all levels of the organization to assess feasibility, determine costs versus benefits and prioritize identified initiatives
- Exceptional consulting skills; ability to probe and listen to help clarify inquiries, gather and present data to advance transactions
- BA in business, engineering or other quantitative discipline from a top tier university. MBA a plus but not essential.
- 4 to 10 years, depending on seniority, functional experience in a strategic role with broad business problem solving experience.
- Must have strong analytical capabilities and be experienced in at least one of these tools: Excel, SAS or R. We will test you.
- Exceptional time management.
- Advance problem solving skills.
- Ability to be a relatable and credible advisor. This role will require collaborative work with diverse internal customers and needs to maintain a high stand of excellence.
(nice to have)
- Experience in BI and data visualization tools such as Tableau, experience in data handling such as SQL or SAS EG, experience with web-analytics tools such as Omniture.
Salary: Commensurate with experience