Stage Supervisor, Virtual Production
5808 Sunset Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90028
Title: Stage Supervisor, Virtual Production
Job type: Six month contract
Client: Global media streaming service
Location: Los Angeles, CA
This role of the Virtual Production Stage Supervisor supports all initiatives and engagements with regards to the Virtual Production LA stage, including but not limited to engaging in partnerships with technology vendors, working with productions to execute tests on the stage, scheduling and communication, and supporting various software/workflow initiatives. A successful candidate should be well established in the VFX industry with 5 years experience working on-set engaging directly with Virtual Production technologies and be an “ on-the-box” supervisor comfortable working directly in real-time software. They must excel at managing multiple projects in a high-speed, high-performance environment. In addition, they must be comfortable speaking about Virtual Production and giving presentations/demos to key production and studio clientele. We are looking for someone who is an impactful, a proactive thinker, and challenges prevailing assumptions to help us create new and improved workflows. More than anything, we love tinkerers - someone passionate about this space and not afraid to get their hands dirty with new technology. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires an effective communicator who is able to exercise good judgement and demonstrates initiative. Applicants should be willing to embark in blue sky science, gazing into the future of filmmaking, while determining practical applications that can apply back to our core production offerings.
- Liaise between vendors, crew, internal teams to improve cross vertical information flow.
- Work directly with creatives, production teams, and content creators to aid in the use of Virtual Production within their specific project needs Supervise and be the single point of contact for all aspects of the NLAB LA stage including working with facilities, studio planning, financial operations, VFX studios, and hardware/software vendors to ensure success for both production and R&D needs.
- Developing strong relationships with our Directors, Producers, and becoming a trusted resource for all things Virtual Production.
- Foster the adoption of new practices, frameworks and technology as it applies to Virtual Production within the company.
- Contribute to the company' s culture of curiosity and self-disciplined pro-active responsibility as part of the Virtual Production and VFX team along with strong partnership toward Physical Production and Animation.
- 5 years on-set experience working directly engaging directly with Virtual Production technologies in VFX, Virtual Production, Gaming and/or Studio.
- Expertise in real-time engine technologies including motion capture, Unity/Unreal, Articulate, honest, and impassioned orator comfortable when presenting in front of crowds and key clientele.
- Passionate about the Virtual Production landscape and the future of content creation.
- Ability to handle a fast paced environment, supervising several projects in various points of production (from development through delivery).
- Strong organizational skills with a proactive mentality and creative problem-solving abilities.
- A strong understanding of VFX workflow and Virtual Production pipelines.
- Detail oriented, especially with regards to scheduling and planning.
- Project Management skills are a must with tools such as Shotgun, Perforce, Jira.
- Self-motivated proactive team member with the capacity to work independently.
- Passionate about our culture and values in the workplace.