535 Mission Seattle, WA 94105
The Staff Accountant will report to the Controller and will be an integral part of the finance team at Filson. The successful candidate will be analytical, organized, accountable and detail oriented, with excellent problem solving skills. Strong communication skills are a must, as is the ability to work well as part of a team.
- Maintain monthly cash reconciliations, fixed asset registers, and prepaid schedules in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist in month-end closing of the general ledger including preparation and posting of appropriate journal entries, reserves, accruals, and provisions.
- Reconcile other balance sheet accounts as assigned.
- Maintain and administer Concur Expense and Invoice platforms.
- Assist with the preparation of state and local tax returns.
- Perform ad hoc research and analysis? of information from the accounting system.
- Assist in preparing internal reports for Management to help? track and evaluate performance.
- Assist finance department with annual financial statement audit.Continuously improve accounting systems, controls,? and procedures.
- Maintain accurate company balances on a monthly basis.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Bachelors degree in accounting
- 2+ years of experience in a related position
- Big Four experience preferred
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Understanding and application of U.S. GAAP
- Attention to detail
- Integrity, honesty and high ethical standards