Sr. UX Designer
1099 Stewart St Seattle, WA 98101
TITLE: Sr. UX Designer
LOCATION: Seattle, WA
TERMS: Long-term contract
Our client, a premium cable and satellite television network, is looking for an individual contributor to work on product design and feature initiatives from concept to launch for their streaming and interactive experiences. In this role, you will work closely with a multidisciplinary design, engineering, content, and research team to drive progress, uphold standards, and advocate for exceptional customer experiences. You' ll manage and execute typical design documents such as site maps, user flows, wireframes, visual designs, and redlines, while taking a hands-on approach to implementation and collaboration with software development. You will also seek user and business validation for proposed solutions and be receptive to input and pivots as you develop new experiences and translate them to multiple design languages (e.g. Material, iOS, etc).
The ideal candidate is someone who is experienced, self-aware, and self-directed, capable of being an amazing team player across design, engineering, and production.
- A design portfolio demonstrating process, user-centric design thinking, and execution, across multiple experience platforms (e.g. Mobile, Connected TV, Web/Desktop, etc.) is required.
- A minimum of 10+ years’ work experience in product development and/or consulting.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or closely related field.
- Expertise in modern UX design tools, including Omnigraffle, Sketch, Axure, etc.
- Deep understanding of UX design principles and methodologies as they relate to software development.
- Highly capable in core design abilities, including composition, typography, and color theory.
- Competency in existing and emerging interaction paradigms including touch, NUI, GUI, Virtual Reality, and the Internet of Things.