Sr. Systems Engineer
Empire Ave. Studio City, CA 91504
Job Title: Senior Systems Engineer
Location: Studio City, Ca.
Company Description: Entertainment Services Company
Reports to: Director, IT Infrastructure & Operations
The Systems Engineer is responsible for proposing, developing, and implementing new technologies to the business as well as improving existing technologies. The System Engineer is also responsible for providing Tier 3 support for services in our environment including (but not limited to), Linux servers, Windows Servers, virtual environment, storage systems, network systems, and messaging systems on premises and in cloud/hosted environments.
Key job functions include:
- General systems administration and maintenance tasks of Linux systems in a 24/7 data center environment
- Authoring internal documentation, such as environment diagrams, installation/configuration documents and release notes.
- Troubleshooting and debugging environment and infrastructure problems in production and non-production environments.
- Migrating systems and applications from on-premise systems to cloud-hosted solutions.
- Assisting in the management and support of product integration services with multiple business partners, including real-time web services and batch processing.
- Assisting in managing the corporate systems including (but not limited to) Windows servers, Linux servers, Active Directory, Email/Messaging, DNS services, NetApp storage systems, F5 Load Balancers, and VMWare
- Automating systems monitoring tasks using standard and/or customized monitoring tools.
- Server hardware provisioning including configuration, storage allocation, and deployment.
- Building and deploying virtual servers (VMware, AWS, etc) for enterprise applications as needed.
- Assisting in capacity planning, performing software upgrades on production platforms, data center build outs, and change management.
- Providing Tier 3 support for data center operations as needed
- Working with other team members in Operations, QA, and Development to plan the deployment of software releases and continuously improve the infrastructure
- Performing related duties as assigned
- Bachelor degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years experience managing NetApp storage systems
- 3+ years experience managing VMWare
- 5+ years experience managing Linux servers
- 2+ years experience managing Windows servers