Sr. Software Engineer- Data Platform
305 W Broadway New York, NY 10013
Title: Sr Software Engineer- Data Platform
Type of Company: Pharma
Location: New York, New York
Data Team is a small team delivering impactful data systems. The team is responsible for building infrastructure, frameworks and tooling to enable data driven decisions; developing reports, dashboards, and metrics to provide accurate and timely information; and supporting various product and business groups with recommendation and in-depth analyses. Our data platforms are built using tools available on AWS including Redshift, Data Pipeline, and Spark.
In this role you will collaborate closely with our engineering team, insight team, performance marketing team, and business teams across the organization to provide accurate, timely data and efficient, impactful software.You will also be working with external vendors and services. By developing and maintaining the foundational data layer, you will have a direct, visible, and profound effect upon a data-driven organization that is revolutionizing the way people pay for prescription medicine.
You are the software engineer of the team, will spend your time as the following:
- Data Platform (65%): infrastructure, frameworks and tooling to enable the company to be more data driven
- Data Engineering (20%): making sense of data sets, establish data models, design and develop ETL processes
- Business Intelligence (5%): develop reports, dashboards, and metrics to provide accurate and timely information.
- Supporting Insights (10%): support various product and business groups with recommendations and in-depth analyses.
Here is a sample list of tasks you may be asked to work on:
- Design our next generation of data tools and frameworks in AWS
- Develop and maintain data products and infrastructure
- Develop efficient and software engineering quality code to perform tasks
- Optimize system for performance
- Develop Monitoring and Alerting framework to maximize uptime
- Be part of the on call rotation in the data team
- Onboard other software engineers who are participating in data rotations with the data team
- Develop appropriate data models for landing, storing and merging data
- Work with internal customers to develop optimized models and views for their needs
- Guide analysts on high-quality efficient SQL
- Guide the rest of the organization on best practices using our Data warehouse
- Research, discover and prototyping new technologies in the data organization
- Support business analysis solution in our BI tool
- Work on in-depth analyses and discover data value
- You are comfortable in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- You have a core computer science background and some solid software engineering experiences. Yes, you will spend most of the time writing software engineering quality code.
- You like to automate things.
- You have a good sense of architecting systems. If you have worked with AWS, that is a big plus.
- You have programed in a scripting language. If it’ s Python, that is a big plus.
- You know SQL.
- You know what MapReduce is.
- You understand Big Data principles, best practices and are genuinely interested in Big Data landscape.
- You are interested in becoming a great data modeler.
- You understand why business uses Business Intelligence Platforms.