Sr. Ruby on Rails Engineer
108 West 39th Street New York, NY 10018
Title: Sr Ruby on Rails Engineer
Company Description: Global Consumer Brand
Location: New York, NY
As a Senior Ruby on Rails Developer, you will help your team solve customer problems and ship clean, maintainable code. In addition to shared backend services and front-end interfaces, you’ ll contribute to our common libraries, mentor and pair with other developers, and strive to make our software development process more efficient.
You’ ll focus on the full depth of our software stack, while also growing your technical breadth. You will be responsible for architecting and building applications, as well as coordinating with the teams responsible for other layers of the product infrastructure. Building a product is a highly collaborative effort, and as such, a strong team player with a commitment to perfection is required.
As a Sr Rails Developer, you will work with product stakeholders and other team members to design, break down, implement and ship user-facing features for the iOS and web client-facing applications. You will take part in technical decision making with the dev team, guiding the architecture of how we build mobile applications. You will provide thoughtful and careful feedback to other engineers on their implementations. You will help ensure that each sprint for the team is a successful one by focusing on sprint goals and focusing on finishing tasks before opening new ones.
• 6+ years of experience in designing, building, and maintaining efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code
• Leverage native APIs for deep integrations with both platforms.
• Diagnose and fix bugs and performance bottlenecks for performance that feels native. You have a passion for quality. You take pride in keeping your bug count low and your code quality high.
• Maintain code and write automated tests to ensure the product is of the highest quality.
• Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic (React Native, Gradle, Xcode, iOS)
• Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems • You have worked directly with non-devs (designers, PMs, user researchers, etc.) to ship great products.
• You believe in the value of mentorship, and in a teaching and learning culture.You want to grow, and you' re constantly finding small ways to improve all the work you and your teammates do.
• Strong organizational skills paired with the verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate and lead projects alongside all levels of an organization including technical teams, end-users, executives, etc. Skills
• Experience with Ruby on Rails, along with other common libraries such as RSpec and Resque
• Knowledge of programming paradigms including functional and object-oriented
• Rock-solid at working with third-party dependencies and debugging dependency conflicts
• Understanding of REST APIs, the document request model, and offline storage. Interest or experience with GraphQL a plus!
• Ability to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
• Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
• Familiarity with continuous integration