Sr. Product Designer- Guest
195 Broadway 25th floor New York, New York 10007
Company: XO Group- The Knot
Role: Senior Product Designer
Duration: Full Time
WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at XO Group, we truly believe in doing work that matters. Through our family of brands— The Knot, The Nest, The Bump, GigMasters, and How He Asked— we inspire, inform, and cheer on our community as they move through life’ s most amazing milestones. From the proposal, to creating a home and starting a family together, we’ re there for every step of the journey. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They' re all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE SR. PRODUCT DESIGNER ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
We are looking for a full-stack product designer who wants to build great products that matter! Product designers at The Knot are empowered partners who work closely with product managers, researchers, and developers on our agile squads. We believe in collaboration and solving the most important problems – your role will be to serve as the loudest advocate for all of our users and customers and bring them a delightful experience at every level. This is a great opportunity to be a part of a mid-size, entrepreneurial company with a lively start-up feel and to create user-first digital products for an industry leading brand.
Be a great product squad partner
- Work as a partner in an autonomous product organization and contribute at both a strategic and tactical level. We’ ll expect you to generate ideas, help define requirements, and lead design initiatives for a fast-paced product squad working on a registry product. Day to day work includes producing wireframes and user flows, detailed UI work for web and iOS, prototyping at varying levels of fidelity, and conducting user tests to gather feedback.
- Lead and facilitate collaborative design sessions that include a broad range of your colleagues – developers, product managers, marketing partners, and business stakeholders. We regularly conduct journey mapping sessions, design studios, design sprints, and user story mapping sessions – it’ s all part of our process.
Be a great product designer
- Know and love our users and customers – understand their pain points, synthesize their feedback, and above all, be their champions.
- Research, test, learn, iterate. Repeat. We can always improve and provide more value.
- Confidently present and discuss your design solutions with stakeholders and colleagues.
- Maintain a spirit of shared ownership, cooperation, and accountability through all phases of the product development process.
Be a great design team partner
- Contribute to the brand’ s visual language and cohesive user experience as an ongoing creative endeavor through the honing of our brand digital guidelines, growth of our pattern library, and holistic site experience.
- Participate in design team reviews/critiques at various stages of UX and visual design phases to maintain a balanced, cohesive, and unified product.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- You have 3-6 years of experience as a user-experience designer who has successfully designed and shipped e-commerce/marketplace experiences for desktop, mobile web, and native iOS app experiences.
- You have a Bachelor’ s or Master’ s Degree in Product Design, Graphic Design, Interaction Design, or a related field (or equivalent proven field experience).
- You have experience defining patterns/style guides, performing user testing, and building low to high fidelity prototypes.
- You are proficient in Sketch, InVision, Zeplin, usertesting.com. Additional programs (Photoshop & Illustrator) a plus.
- You have a passion for research and have facilitated user testing and studies/analysis of user feedback and behavior.
- You are a strategic design thinker, a collaborator and a champion of the user.
- You are an excellent communicator, capable of presenting your ideas clearly and in the context of usability, expressed user value and brand value proposition, while also anticipating your team and manager’ s needs by communicating early and often.
Please provide supporting portfolio link or a PDF version of your cases studies.
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You love our users. You deeply understand our users and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve and delight them every day.
- You do the right thing. You are respectful and act with the highest integrity. If you see something that isn’ t right, you say something.
- You debate it. You ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You are not turned off by constructive conflict to get to the right answer.
- You own your outcomes. You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
- You make fast decisions. You are an effective and timely communicator. You understand how to collaborate, compromise, and escalate when needed.
- You get better every day. You welcome the gift of feedback. You never settle in your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.