Sr. Manager Promotions & Partnerships
100 Universal City Plaza Universal City, CA 91608
Reporting to the Director, Promotions & Partnerships and EVP, Digital & Print Creative, the Senior Manager is responsible for assisting in the development and execution of multi-platform, consumer-facing Promotions and Partnerships for the network and its shows.
Assist in the development and execution of the Promotions and Partnership strategy and planning for specific NBC shows and the network, operating within the annual department budget.
Promotions are not limited to but may include:
- network presence at tent-pole events/conventions (ex: SXSW, Wonder Con, Coachella)
- custom programs like multi-market screening programs, mobile tours, stunts, etc.
- grassroots marketing/promotional plans for target audiences (LGBTQ, Hispanic, etc.)
Partnerships may include:
- custom promotional programs designed to align the network and show(s) with another complimentary brand to cross-promote and market key messaging (ex: entertainment/lifestyle brands, charitable/prosocial partners, ad sales clients, other Comcast/NBCU properties)
- Responsible for promotions-related special projects as they arise (e.g. NBC’ s photo booth in the Universal Theme Parks, merchandise for special events, internal events)
Actively develop ideas and/or request proposals for Promotions in collaboration with other internal NBC marketing teams and external promotional and strategy agencies
Work closely with NBC Brand Marketing team to understand show positioning, marketing strategies/goals, and target audiences to ensure Promotions ideas are strategic and aligned with the greater marketing goals
Collaborate with internal teams to ensure Promotions are multi-platform and/or include amplification layers (Digital/Social, Media, On Air, Affiliate, Partner & Product Marketing, Publicity, Ad Sales, etc.)
Develop presentations and draft overviews for senior management that outline the specific Promotional concept/plan, illustrate the strategy/approach, and project results and potential ROI
Oversee execution of various-scale events and promotions, including: pre, on-site and post-event tactics:
- Oversee all aspects of project management (draft timelines, review contracts, develop creative/content delivery tracking sheets, presentation decks, hiring of outside vendors/contractors, etc.)
- Vet, hire and manage external agencies to help produce Promotional campaign for NBC
- Oversee the agency’ s work, project budget, associated staffing, contracts, legal, insurance, travel, and additional production-related elements
- Work with NBC accounting/finance and legal departments on a regular basis to ensure project budget is being managed appropriately, contract review, invoices match contract terms, etc.
- Develop, manage and track associated creative elements for the project in line with NBC brand guidelines
- Source, create, and distribute branded merch, collateral, etc.
- Collaborate with other internal departments (NBC Publicity, Talent Relations and Programming) when applicable to specific Promotions and Partnership campaigns
- Delivers clear communication of projects/plans to key internal and external stakeholders and peers
- Perform post-project analysis (ex: ROI reporting, present key learnings/stats/results)
Participate in internal brainstorming sessions and present topline Promotional plans in regularly-scheduled meetings around shows, marketing campaigns, etc. in front of other marketing teams
Monitor the competitive landscape (ex: promotional trends, consumer behaviors, new/emerging technologies) as it applies to the creative and strategic development of innovative Promotional ideas
Minimum 4-5 years Promotions experience, preferably at a broadcast and/or cable brand or other entertainment company (preference is Comcast/NBCUniversal candidates and contractors first)
Strong knowledge of Promotions and entertainment marketing, including: experiential marketing, digital/social marketing, publicity, etc.
Proven record of developing and executing successful, multi-platform Promotions with significant market and consumer impact. Experienced managing outside agencies and vendors.
Proven track-record of managing and producing large-scale experiential programs, fabrications and promotional programs/experiences that are consumer-focused and within budget
Creative instinct with strong project management skills to help manage all Promotional campaign aspects.
Solid awareness of and/or contacts within the Promotions, content and entertainment industry sectors (ex: well-known brands, event/convention partners, promotions agencies, production vendors, media partners, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of entertainment marketing (creative marketing, social/digital strategies, partner/product support, content distribution and creation, etc.)
- Strong project management skills, with proven ability to multi-task, prioritize workload and manage tasks in fast-paced environment
- Creative and strategic thinker who can generate and implement unique and innovative Promotional ideas and campaigns in line with marketing goals
- Acute attention to detail, extremely organized and focused on delivering successful campaigns
- Clear, concise, objective and professional written and verbal communicator
- Strong writing and presentation skills to draft presentations, proposals, pitches, etc.
- Working knowledge and ability to cross-traffic various creative files across NBC marketing teams and external partners/vendors (print, digital, video, visual renderings, proofs, etc.)
- Familiarity with consumer research and behaviors, ratings and other forms of relevant entertainment evaluations
- Extremely proficient on MAC and PC and with creative, presentation and project management programs (strong knowledge of Microsoft Office required)
- Proven collaborator and team player who can work cross-functionally with a variety of teams, staff, outside agencies/contractors, etc.
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
- Willingness to work long hours and on weekends with short notice
- Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
- Must have work authorization to work in the United States