Sr. Integrated Media Strategist
2 Pennsylvania Plaza New York, NY 10121
Title: Sr. Integrated Media Strategist
Type of Company: High Profile Sports and Entertainment Events Facility
Location: New York, New York
Start Date: November 2018 - 6 months
The role is responsible, under the direction of the SVP Integrated Media Planning, for leading the strategic development and execution of integrated channel planning, advertising and paid media, and campaign analytics.
This individual represents the Media Planning department to internal stakeholders and multiple external parties, including media agencies and vendors, and is responsible for the creation and implementation of best-in-class integrated media plans across paid, earned, owned, and shared connection points. He/She will do this by understanding and utilizing marketing mix learning, consumer insights, communication strategy and thinking, data driven analysis, and industry and marketplace knowledge.
This position will work across multiple brands.
The individual will interact frequently and help manage a team of four in-house media planners, our media agency relationship, as well as with the Marketing Strategy team and other senior executives. This person will also work closely with Partner Promotions, Consumer Insights and Analytics, and Sales teams to achieve goals.
- Developing insightful solutions to business problems based on business and consumer data.
- Devising strategies and recommendations for media plans across traditional, digital, and other innovative media channels that align with sales and marketing objectives, goals, and targets.
- Working with a team of Media Managers (2) and Coordinators (2), to ensure media plans are executed on-time and deliver on campaign targets and budget. Help represent the team to internal stakeholders and assist in clearing hurdles and roadblocks as they arise.
- Managing and mentoring the media team, as needed, ensuring a cohesive and collaborative team environment and consistent, ongoing constructive performance feedback.
- Working with media team in the negotiation and buying activities for various properties, Marketing Partnerships clients, and other initiatives, pushing for the best rates, placement, and added value.
- Driving forward media optimization and centralized buying efficiency through cross-brand, enterprise deals that drive financial upside with incremental media value.
- Translating research, analytics, and campaign performance into insights to drive continual learning and optimizations. Lead strategic rigor for tracking, analyzing, and reporting on media metrics for media planning, buying, evaluation, and ongoing campaigns.
- Developing and maintaining high-level relationships with key media partners/vendors that focus on long-term, big-picture strategies, leveraging the full portfolio of brands.
- Overseeing day to day relationships with Brand Marketing teams and external agency partners establishing goals, objectives, and strategies for media campaigns.
- Maximizing the output of external agency partners and timely execution of media deliverables.
- Bachelor’ s Degree
- 6-8 years’ experience in marketing and media planning. Related/relevant experience in Entertainment Marketing, specifically in Television or Theatrical, a plus.
- High degree of expertise in traditional and digital marketing strategy, media planning, buying, and performance analysis.
- Demonstrated experience in integrated marketing.
- Strong marketing, communication and relationship building skills
- Articulate and skilled in developing succinct and persuasive verbal and written communications.
- Highly organized and detail oriented, with the ability to manage multiple fast-paced projects concurrently.
- Ability to understand and apply “ big picture” priorities to day-to-day decision-making.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Proven leader with the ability to drive strategic and cross-functional action on key initiatives.
- Ability to lead meetings and drive results
- Ability to work independently on projects.
- Demonstrates original thinking in approaching projects.
- Initiates more than reacts in the work environment; plans for opportunities and readily makes contributions.
- Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Makes effective and timely decisions, even in difficult situations or circumstances.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Manages timelines; deals effectively with pressure.
- Multi-tasks by switching smoothly from one project or task to another.
- Embraces teamwork; shares ideas / methods to improve performance.
- Proven ability to lead teams and foster employee engagement.