Sr. Finance Analyst
55 Francisco St. 6th Floor San Francisco, CA 94133
Title of Job: Sr. Finance Analyst
Company Description: eCommerce Tech Platform- Retail
Location: San Francisco
Our SF based tech ecommerce client is looking for a Sr. Finance Analytics Analyst to navigate between the ‘ why, ’ the ‘ what’, and the ‘ so-what’ of data science & analytics. You will help the finance team understand the current state of the business and uncover opportunities for growth. This position requires someone who uses SQL, to write complex queries, on a daily basis! If you are not a heavy user of SQL this position is not going to be the right fit for you.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Be the lead data partner to our finance team to execute monthly financial reporting and be the lead data expert for annual audits – Your team is the source of truth for our financials.
- Drive selection and automation of KPIs, reporting, and analytics.
- Generate analysis, presentations, and recommendations to drive operational improvements.
- Pioneer new tech and methodologies that will move the needle.
- Create, manage, and maintain critical KPIs and dashboards for stakeholders
- Spearhead architecture builds that will create a more sustainable financial structure for this next stage of our company
- Champion automation projects across the financial data flow that include monitoring changes to our underlying data model that could impact financial reporting and building data structures to enable audit and reporting.
- 5+ years of experience in an analytics, finance, engineering or management consulting field.
- Someone who is passionate about solving some of the most challenging problems in e-commerce financial reporting: Scale and efficiency for a fast-growing single-SKU omni-channel business.
- Mastery of SQL (SQL Server, MySQL, Postgres, BigQuery).
- Familiarity with database designs and optimizing query performance.
- Must perform analysis; internal reporting; cash management; audit support departmental documentation and operational financial support.
- Experience with designing data warehouses for key financial and audit reports.
- Be able to build data mart/aggregates from data events by transforming data and designing report templates.
- Must have a passion for creative problem solving, and a curiosity to uncover truth through data.
- Proficient in Python or other scripting languages are a plus.
- Leverage data in a highly strategic way to drive change.
- Be part of a fast-growing company that is redefining the retail industry.