Sr. Chemist Skincare
2451 Townsgate Road Westlake Village, CA 91361
Company: Established Global Beauty Company
Job Title: Senior Chemist, Skin Care Formulation
Location: San Fernando Valley, CA
Salary: Competitive DOE + Bonus
Our client is looking for a curious and innovative Sr. Chemist for their Skin Care Formulation lab, that develops safe, high quality, high performing and innovative product formulations that conform to product profiles agreed to by Marketing and R&D.
The Sr. Chemist engages proactively in formulation technology innovation, retains full responsibility of a product from conception to scale-up and successful initial manufacturing, and ensures that all products developed meet all regulatory guidelines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Some of the key responsibilities of this position include:
- Independently carries out assignments required for the development of new products including attending NPD meetings and all follow-up tasks.
- Proactively conducts application research for generating novel ideas and formulation prototypes, and propose for future launches.
- Applies appropriate technical skills in making formula modifications to meet new requirements.
- Contribute to elevating the overall technical capability to the next level.
- Explores new raw materials within formula guidelines.
- Proactively identifies new formula bases and cost savings opportunities.
- Issues lab-manufacturing procedures to Process Engineer and collaborate closely to ensure successful scale-up.
- Develops programs for process improvements in conjunction with the Process Engineer.
- Recommends remedial measures for problem batches.
- Routinely reviews competitive products and up to date knowledge of technologies and trends.
- Conducts stability screening on all formulas and takes necessary steps to ensure compliance for all specifications.
- Prepares samples and documentation for all Micro challenge, Safety, Stability, efficacy tests and C.U.T
- Issues finished good specifications to Quality Control.
- Ensures proper documentation and maintenance of lab notebooks.
- Monitors raw materials and lab equipment. Recommends additional equipment repairs and other resources for the lab.
- If called upon to do so, supports and checks work of lower level Chemists.
- Reports to supervisor weekly.
Qualifications & Requirements (Education, Experience, Skills, etc.):
EDUCATION: B.S./MS Degree in Chemistry or related sciences required and masters preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 6 to 8 years’ experience as a Cosmetic/Pharmaceutical Chemist or equivalent, in a cosmetic/personal care laboratory.
SKILLS: Strong interpersonal skills. Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to anticipate problems and implement corrective measures quickly and effectively. Positive and can do attitude. Excellent computer skills.
OTHER: Working knowledge relevant laboratory equip