Sr. Application Architect
135 West 18th St New York, New York 10011
Title of Job: Application Architect
Company: A global provider of cloud-based Human Capital Management (HCM) solutions
Location: New York, NY
As our Application Architect you are going to lead multiple teams building applications on top of our state-of-the-art platform, as well as influence the future direction of the platform. It’ s not a classic R&D leader role, but more of a cross-functional mix of Business Analysis, Development, Product and UX with people leadership and technology curiosity at its core.
You should join if you are:
- High velocity and hands-on:
The type of person who can’ t sit still and instantly goes after the next idea or opportunity, brings it to the team or does it themselves, as long as it gets done quickly and with high quality.
- Our industry is changing and so is how we build applications. You will have the ability to shape your role and your team; the opportunity for growth is only limited by your ability to execute and drive results.
- Architect and oversee the foundation of HCM applications and their development
- Ensure software and solutions are stable and scalable
- Coordinate with teams across the entire program to ensure alignment with developers’ needs
- Mentor and train application developers
- Act as a focal point for best practices
- Collaborate with UX and Product on cross functional teams
- Gather and present requirements for new features
- Break down barriers to development progress
- Present progress to stakeholders
- 10+ years of experience with full cycle application development (Full SDLC experience: architecture, design, development, delivery, etc.)
- Experience managing at least one product development team (several preferred)
- Experience in an iterative, Agile environment
- Cross-functional familiarity with Product Management and UX
- Strong CS and product development fundamentals (design patterns, database schema design, data modeling, API design and considerations, design by promise, quality concepts including TDD & BDD approaches)