Sr Project Manager- Ad + Innovation
242 W41st New York New York, NY 10036
Title: Sr Project Manager
Type of Company: Global Media Organization
Location: New York, New York
Seeking a Project Manager to lead projects on the Innovations teams.
Innovation team is a cross-platform team (Web, IOS, Android) that uses technology to enhance the advertising experience as well as optimize for our advertising business.
As a core member, you are expected to identify opportunities, suggest solutions, and act decisively when necessary to advance a project. We’ re looking for an action-oriented and technically fluent project manager who can manage multiple teams and projects. There’ s no “ one-size-fits-all” here; each team will require different levels of involvement and intensity of agile processes.
Ideally, you have:
- A proven talent for building consensus and driving change. You are outcome-focused and results-oriented.
- The experience and wisdom to lead project teams and manage risks, and have shipped multiple products on time and on budget. You can take ownership of complex efforts and mediate between competing interests and personalities to get an alignment and motivate change.
- Excellent organizational skills. You are able to conscientiously manage and follow up on multiple concurrent tasks and requests on tight deadlines.
- Superb communication skills, including the ability to communicate between technical and non-technical contributors, and between project teams and senior leadership.
- Strong technical fluency. You like understanding how multiple systems fit together and can communicate technical ideas to non-technical stakeholders.
- Work closely with the team to drive the definition and execution of features and products. Actively seek out, track and remove barriers to completing a project.
- Act as a strong leader and owner of software development projects; motivate and maintain momentum as you drive those projects to successful, smooth, on-time completion.
- Champion and support agile software development practices, and tailor that process (including scrums, planning, review and retrospective sessions, demos and more) to each project team.
- Ensure that project schedules and project scope are well defined. Track project progress and report status on a regular basis to the project team and partners. Manage and forecast resource and budget allocation. Drive documentation process for the team.
- Partner with cross-disciplinary teams and stakeholders to ensure those product goals are clearly defined and are being met. Keep projects moving in step by making sure schedules, resources, and communication are in sync.
- Close collaboration with data scientists, data engineers, and analysts.
- Facilitating " teaming" exercises (i.e. continuous improvement of the team' s processes, psychological safety, and team health)
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in project management
- A basic understanding of web development technologies and process, and an interest in new technologies and ways of working with data.
- You’ re excited to learn about new tools and approaches to storytelling.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) and knowledge of Jira, Confluence, Rally, Version One, or other equivalent project management software tools
- Passion for The New York Times’ s mission and commitment to be part of our innovation and growth