Sr. Data Engineer
108 West 39th Street New York, NY 10018
Company Industry: SaaS
Location: New York, NY
We are seeking a highly intelligent, energetic and ambitious team player to help the data engineering team with implementing automated processes to support new data sources integrations, expanding data transformation capabilities, enabling to programmatically monitor processes and data quality across multiple systems as well as facilitating data management reporting automation.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Technical implementation and maintenance of automated processes
- Integrating data from various data sources (e.g CRMs, Messaging, Video conference, Telephony, Group Document management, Contract signature/management, etc)
- Writing in-house data back into source systems.
- Reporting data quality and processes execution alerts.
- Performing data extraction, transformation, cleansing and loading between different data layers and environments.
- Detecting customers settings and metadata at various source and target systems.
- Consolidating and loading relevant data for data quality, metadata management, data consumption, UI usage and processes performance related dashboards.
- Data archival, removal and reprocessing.
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field and industry experience.
- 5+ years of experience developing in object oriented programming languages, preferably Python or Java.
- Experience with development best practices under continuous integration, testing and deployment in an AGILE environment involving source control tools such as GIT.
- Familiarity with database tools, Integration Architecture, Data Integration, ETL, Business Intelligence concepts and Big-Data solutions.
- Expertise using SQL for acquiring and transforming data.
- Ability to maintain, refactor, improve, and test existing code to reduce technical debt.
- Knowledge and experience in integrations involving a variety of data providers.
- Experience with Kafka messaging and big data technologies such as Hadoop, HDFS, MongoDB
- Familiarity with NoSQL.
- Experience with Spring XD, XT.
- Experience with shell scripting.
- REST/SOAP APIs in addition to the cloud.
- CRM Knowledge.