Software Product Manager
108 West 39th Street 7th Fl Suite # 710 New York, NY 10018
Company: Robotics Company
Position: Software Product Manager
Location: San Jose Area
Type: Full Time
Compensation: DOE + Bonus + Benefits + Perks
Software Product Manager
The position of Software Product Manager sits within the Software Product Management team, working tandemly with the Device, Hardware, and Product Marketing teams to deliver a combined consumer electronics solution.
This position is responsible for developing products by identifying potential products; conducting market research; feature research; generating product requirements; determining specifications, production timetables, pricing, and time-integrated plans for product introduction; developing marketing strategies.
- Determines customers' needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information.
- Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.? Assesses market competition by comparing the company' s product to competitors' products.
- Provides source data for product line communications by defining product marketing communication objectives.
- Obtains product market share by working with sales director to develop product sales strategies.
- Assesses product market data by calling on customers with field salespeople and evaluating sales call results.
- Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses; answering questions and requests.
- Facilitates inventory turnover and product availability by reviewing and adjusting inventory levels and production schedules.
- Brings new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with engineering and manufacturing.
- Introduces and markets new products by developing time-integrated plans with sales, advertising, and production.
- Determines product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’ s Degree in marketing, business, or engineering. MBA preferred.
- 3-5 or more years of experience in a Product Manager role in the consumer electronics / robotics / connected devices / IoT space.
- Agile experience
- AI experience desired, but not required.
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to manage cross-functional efforts.
- Experience with consumer products and “ smart home” solutions like Amazon Alexa, Google Home, Microsoft Cortana, or Apple Siri.