16716 Edwards Rd Cerritos, CA 90703
Title: Software Engineer
Company: large e-commerce company
Location: South Bay (Los Angeles, CA)
Duration: direct hire
Our client is a well known e-commerce shop in the South Bay. They pride themselves on generating a billion dollars in profit in 2017. You will be joining a team working with multiple businesses and there founders. There daily basis our site will process hundreds of million requests and you will be developing solutions with department end users to provide a better customer experience. This person must be able to thrive in an Agile but casual work environment. Perks include a 401k matching program, flexible work schedule, and casual dress code.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Working closely with cross-functional teams who are passionate about the company’ s success. Identifying areas of opportunity to create new functions and features that will improve end user efficiency
• Understanding of the existing software layers while having the ability to write high performing and scalable code from start to finish in an “ extreme programming” environment
• Work both independently and as a productive team member – mentoring more junior level engineers and having an open mind while collaborating with peers
• Investigate, recommend, and implement new processes to help ensure optimization of high volume transactional enterprise websites
• Develop internal software to automate and integrate business processes
• Take ownership on multiple projects throughout the business. Manage timeline of deliverables, including measurements of success, areas to improve, and real time analysis of the impact being provided
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Thrive in a fast paced programming environment
• Open to continuous improvement
• Proficient “ programming chops”
• Interest in understanding the unique business requirements of an e-commerce apparel company
• Creative approach to problem solving
• Work well in a team centric environment, with multiple personalities, collaboratively working through challenges
• Drive and endurance to work within quick iterative development cycles
• Communicate with confidence, clearly and effectively to cross-functional teams and team members
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 2+ years professional work experience
• Working knowledge of Spring, Redis, MongoDB, Redshift and at least 2 years of experience with Angular.
• Excellent communication and writing skills.