Software Back End Test Engineer
108 Chapel Hill, NC 27515
Title: Software Back End Test Engineer
Company: Data/Data Analytics
Location: Chapel Hill, NC 27515
Type: Full-time employment - ***No visa sponsorship or visa transfer eligible***
Seeking a Software Test Engineer to be part of a Data Quality Assurance team. As a Software Test Engineer you will create and execute tests for the back end services of data and analytic information products. You' ll isolate and report bugs, document test plans, write test case automation, and work closely with other teams (Software Engineering, Project/Product Management, etc.) .
As a Software Test Engineer you will demonstrate a passion working with back end services and large data sets
- 5 + years of experience with a focus predominantly in Back end data testing - manual and automation experience
- Possess strong analytical, problem solving, and creative thinking skills
- Excel in test case design and documenting test descriptions/test plans
- Enjoy figuring out what should be tested, creating the test, and implementing it. You' re someone who can diagnose a potential bug before it occurs and isolate existing bugs.
- Possess knowledge of and experience with Java, SQL, and Python.
- Experience with AWS data tools (S3, Redshift, RDS, and EMR) is a plus.
- Have a strong commitment to technical quality assurance as a key part of the development lifecycle
- Implement automated tests and perform functional and regression testing
- Be dynamic and prepared to test/regress a high volume of changes daily
- Enjoy the challenge of researching issues to maintain quality in our large data sets
- Gain an understanding of the complex math associated with options
- Possess a Bachelors degree or equivalent experience