Social Media Manager - Television
7522 Hollywood Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90038
Job Title: Social Media Manager
Company: Entertainment and Brand Advertising
Salary: around $60k
Our client, one of LA' s top tier agencies for A list entertainment is looking for a social media manager to join their team. You will work specifically on a major brand creating and social content for their 1st run releases. Capturing key moments and developing fan engagement is crucial in this role so creativity is welcome. Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, strong interpersonal and presentation skills and work collaboratively and proactively on multi-functional teams. Open to feedback.
- Serves as an active member and manager of clients’ owned properties.
- Works with the internal team members to develop campaign activation briefs, social media plans, POVs, and relevant proposals.
- Finalizes development of social media/engagement strategy at a day-to-day, actionable level by creating short-, medium- and long-term activation plans and editorial calendars.
- Converts activation plans, editorial calendars, and supporting content into client-ready presentations and must be comfortable presenting to client for approval.
- Is responsible for owning day-to-day communications with the client, including distributing deliverables, accepting feedback, and overseeing revisions.
- Crafts copy, postings and editorial calendars - writing editorial/content plans for clients’ social media channels.
- Works with creative team to develop compelling imagery that follows best practices for each channel.
- Offers strategic insight to each client, guiding them toward the optimal tactical execution that meets their specific marketing objectives, while actively seeking out opportunities to grow client account business.
- Acquires, gathers, and manages logistics of all campaign materials as needed for social media campaigns.
- Monitors campaign performance using social media tools and/or platform analytics. Should have a strong understanding of analyzing performance of social content.
- Bachelor’ s degree in related field preferred.
- Passion for social media, prior experience working in social media a MUST. 2-5 years preferred.
- Thorough understanding of the social media space and those who engage with it – must be able to demonstrate a strong knowledge base of social media platforms (esp. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
- Ability to think strategically and to understand and act upon strategic marketing plans and briefs.
- Proven success in launching film or television campaigns and building communities
- Capacity to handle a wide variety of tasks and assignments in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment.
- Demonstrates intellectual curiosity and the desire to introduce clients to potential new strategies and solutions that will positively impact their business.
- Exhibits excellent communication skills, both orally and in written form – must be able to demonstrate superior writing and grammar skills.
- Effectively presents information in both one-on-one and group situations to clients and other employees of the agency.
- Flexibility, responsiveness and the capability to “ think on their feet”.
- Candidate should be assertive, pro-active and a team player.
- Exercise good judgment, flexibility, resourcefulness and strong organizational/time management skills.
- Ability to work with co-workers and clients as a team and independently.