Senior UX Researcher
680 Folsom Street San Francisco, CA 94107
Our client seeks a passionate, team-oriented Senior User Experience Researcher to join its User Experience organization to play a key role in shaping the user experience design.
The Senior User Experience Researcher plays a key role in gaining user insights that will inform the design of engaging user experiences.
Candidates should have a minimum of 5 years of experience researching across digital channels.
Strong candidates will have a proven track record of leading the development and implementation of world class user research studies in a fast paced collaborative team environment, obtaining research findings that solve for business goals and user needs, working and influencing in a cross-functional context, and advocating research and data to inform the design of user experiences.
In addition to being an individual contributor, the Senior User Experience Researcher will mentor User Researchers and guide their efforts to align with client strategic vision.
This position reports to the Director of User Experience Research.
• Plans and conducts user research across channel(s) and domains (business units).
• Effectively collaborates with executives, managers, teams, designers, and stakeholders to identify user research opportunities on user-facing products.
• Partners with other customer data teams (e.g. consumer insights, analytics, etc.) to ensure user research efforts are coordinated with other customer data teams.
• Helps define user success metrics that gauge how well user needs are being met for assigned channel(s) and domain(s).
• Develops and conducts quick, generative and evaluative user research studies, including guerrilla usability testing, to gauge business (as measured by KPI' s) and user success (as measured by user success metrics) of user experience designs.
• Invents new and adapts existing research practices as needed, to deliver the insights and knowledge that help teams stay on track and customer focused.
• Quickly synthesizes qualitative and quantitative data to develop a better understanding of our customers, give insight into business/user value, and identify potential customer and business risks.
• Is a highly effective presenter, communicator, and influencer who can bring the voice of the customer to life.
• Be a great storyteller through developing and communicating a deep understanding of customer pain points, journey maps, delightful and challenging moments, etc.
• Helps teams understand customer needs, pain points, attitudes, and behaviors through thoughtful and actionable research that can informing both tactical and strategic efforts.
• Serves as a subject matter expert on our customers' behaviors, needs, and values for assigned channel(s) and domain(s).
• Mentors User Research team and UX Designers on user research methodologies.
• Bachelor' s degree in Human Factors, HCI, Cognitive or Experimental Psychology, Sociology, or related field. Master' s degree preferred.
• Minimum 5 years user research in all areas of user research (design research, market research, quantitative research) across consumer mobile applications, websites, or retail stores.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Create and present documentation, findings and points of view material
• Able to effectively communicate across teams and roles.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
• Ability and desire to thrive in a proactive, highly engaged environment.
• Ability to deliver projects on time, with high quality and within budget.
• Must be able to work independently with some supervision.
• Strong research and collaboration skills.