Senior Systems Engineer
557 Broadway New York, NY 10012
Title: Senior Systems Engineer
Location: New York, NY
- The Sr. Systems Engineer is a hands-on engineering role responsible for the development, rollout and support of various corporate initiatives like GSuite, Okta, user access provisioning automation, etc.
- You will be required to work with business and technology stakeholders to drive cross functional initiatives, provide support to our internal users, knowledge share with the global IT team and help drive a fun, quality focused environment.
- Manage and administer corporate server infrastructure, cloud computing platforms, and enterprise applications.
- Develop system and service architecture documentation for new technologies and applications.
- Implement comprehensive monitoring and alerting strategies built around key performance and health indicators using tools such as Apica, Solarwinds, etc.
- Collaborate actively with the Chief Architect and the architecture team in the Agile software development process as a security subject matter expert, to ensure that the product architecture conforms with all company security policies and security best practices. And to ensure that all software developed by the company will meet all security audit, compliance, and control requirements.
- Lead internal initiatives that result in highly available, redundant, resilient systems and services.
- Ensure creation, validation and execution of clearly defined and executable information security policies, standards, and procedures with appropriate governance to ensure ground level adoption.
- Build tools to automate processes and operate production systems including user access provisioning.
- Administer a variety of SaaS applications including: Okta, O365, GSuite and Atlassian to name a few.
- Communicate clearly with peers as well as management and provide technical leadership to more junior team members.
- Strive to achieve resolution of all interactions on first touch whenever possible while proactively and conscientiously balancing competing demands in a fast-paced environment
- Collaborate actively with the architects, functional leads, quality, support and corporate communication organizations to architect, develop and rollout solutions in a timely and efficient manner
- A bachelor' s degree in information systems, engineering or equivalent work experience.
- 5-7 years of experience working in a heavily SaaS & AWS based environments supporting a variety of customer applications/platforms like GSuite, Office 365, Okta, etc.
- Experience managing, designing and deploying infrastructure and systems in a datacenter environment. Administration and maintenance of VMware environments.
- Automation using scripting languages such as Python and/or PowerShell
- Solid experience in infrastructure virtualization, particularly with Amazon Web Services
- Experience managing infrastructure and endpoints in highly diverse, multi-platform environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills — including the ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences — and strong interpersonal and collaborative skills
- High level of personal integrity, with the ability to handle confidential and otherwise sensitive matters professionally and with the appropriate level of judgment and maturity.
- Demonstrated experience in executing/delivering cross functional projects in a dynamic, fast-paced matrixed environment with a sophisticated ability to balance between security strategies and other priorities at the organizational level.
Salary: Commensurate with experience