Senior Product Designer
90 Fifth Avenue, 3rd Floor New York, NY 10011
Company: Well Known Real Estate Company
Role: Senior Product Designer
About the Role
We’ re a team of 12 (and growing!) in Product Design divided into feature teams: Productivity, Search & Listings, Core Experience, and Design Systems.
What We Look For:
We’ re looking for an experienced designer that has worked on a search product before, or something equivalent in its nature. You’ re a self-starting designer who actively looks for ways to substantially improve the features you work on. You have naturally good taste and are confident in your craft.
While this isn’ t a managerial role, you will lead concepts and rally people for a common cause. You participate in strategic thinking and planning and are comfortable thinking two or three quarters ahead. You enjoy mentoring designers and can communicate your design process in a way that helps others grow.
While you enjoy strategic thinking, you' re in the zone when you' re designing components and love geeking out on UI details or interaction patterns. You’ re hands-on and excited to roll up your sleeves and get things done as part of a dynamic team.
You have pixel-perfect standards with exceptional interaction design skills and an eye for accessibility and usability. You’ ll work with front-end and back-end engineers to ensure your designs are implemented perfectly on Web, iOS, and Android.
You have a bullet-proof eye for identifying industry standard patterns throughout web and native mobile platforms and an understanding of how to implement these patterns into our system. You also have a strong knowledge of platform affordances and how to use their constraints to enhance the features you design.
What You Get To Do Every Day:
- Own the design of major feature initiatives from concept to shipping— knowing nothing is ever really final.
- Meaningfully collaborate with PMs on product specs.
- Participate in extensive user research, identifying key pain points and solving for them.
- Pair with engineers to realize your designs on all platforms (web, iOS, Android).
- Be constantly on the lookout for best practices, design patterns and anti-patterns, throughout various industries and platforms.
- Participate in sprint planning and quarterly roadmap discussions.
- Be a key player on a small but mighty team making a huge impact
- At least 6-10 years experience designing consumer and/or enterprise software (preference to both)
- Previous experience designing search experiences
- Ability to take a project from ideation to completion
- Thinks in terms of design systems and makes rational and logical design decisions
- Knowledge of modern, emerging web and mobile UI patterns and design tools
- Flourishes in an environment of continuous learning and eager to advance your craft further
- Strong technical background with an understanding of the basics
- Ability to communicate and collaborate on cross-functional teams