Senior Digital Designer - Beauty
390 Madison Avenue , 15th Floor New York, NY 10017
Title: Temp-To-Perm Senior Digital Designer – Beauty
Company: Luxury global beauty brand
Location: New York, NY
Responsibilities: as Senior Digital Designer you will report into the Executive Director Global Creative and develop creative design solutions from concept to execution that support brand strategy in the digital environment:
- Work on both existing digital platform requests and new projects in development, elevating the Brand through design with ideas that are sophisticated modern and cutting-edge
- Partner with Art Directors to develop digital design content including homepage creative, online campaigns, banner ads, email blasts, motion graphics/animation, typographic treatments, etc.
- Support Global Communications with creative for major international and specific regional social media platforms, blogger outreach, etc.
- Ensure Brand' s creative remains innovative, artistic, iconic, and stands out from competitors
- Stay up-to-date on digital innovation
- Create wireframes, and prototypes
- Work closely with Senior Art Directors to support global digital strategy, calendar launches, department needs, and specific project asks.
- Partner with Global Digital Marketing team, US E-commerce team, regional digital teams, Project Management
- BA in Fine arts or Graphic Design from top design school
- Min 8 years of web digital design and design studio experience; beauty, fashion, editorial, digital in-house experience a big plus!
- Beauty experience and understanding and appreciation of luxury / prestige industry a must!
- Solid knowledge of Creative Suite (Photoshop, Flash, InDesign, Illustrator, Bridge, After Effects)
- Animation, video, 3D knowledge is an asset
- Strong understanding for UX/UI design
- Knowledge/understanding of HTML, DHTML, CSS and web optimization
- Experience using website administration/CMS tools preferred
- Knowledge of new and emerging platforms such as designing for Facebook, mobile-commerce, and ability to contribute to all social media channels
- Able to implement online marketing best practices optimizing designs for click-throughs, sales or other desired actions
- A deep interest in and understanding of interactive design and associated issues
- Ability to ideate strong concepts and demonstrated ability to implement and execute concepts
- Strong passion for fashion, photography, design, typography; background in traditional design disciplines: typography, color and layout highly preferred
- Highly creative with strong understanding of the digital world, always keeping mobile first, and strong design skills to implement concepts and elevated design systems
- Highly organized and flexible with ability to think and work beyond the brief
- A leader and strong collaborator and relationship-builder with excellent verbal, visual and written communication skills
- Team player who embodies the Brand’ s passion, positive attitude and excitement to create disruptive digital designs
- Works well under tight deadlines, is flexible, is reactive