Senior Data Warehouse Engineer
501 Pacific Ave, San Francisco, CA 94113
San Francisco, CA
Full-Time Permanent, Direct Hire
Competitive Pay + Equity, Unlimited PTO, 100% Paid Medical & MORE!
We are looking for a Senior Data Warehouse Engineer. You will play a pivotal role in helping deliver our database services at cloud scale. The ideal candidate should be able to effectively analyze database problems and resolve them with minimal oversight. You will be a Van Gogh when it comes to data. You will be working with the latest technology available and use your experience to influence product decisions for our customers.
As a Senior Data Warehouse Engineer, your work will heavily drive key product and business decisions. We are looking for an Engineer to build our data pipelines, reliably move data across systems, and build the tools to empower our Analysts and Data Scientists while working closely with our software engineering team to analyze and fill what gaps exist. We are looking for a strong engineer to contribute to creating world-class technology by building out and expanding our complex data infrastructure.
What you’ ll do:
- Manage data warehouse plans for a product vertical or a group of products
- Design, build and launch new data models in our data warehouse
- Design, build and launch new data extraction, transformation and loading processes in our data warehouse.
- Build data expertise and own data quality for allocated areas of ownership
- Interface with engineers, product managers and product analysts to understand our data needs
- Create and implement a Master Data Management strategy to ensure data quality, data governance and provide a single source-of-truth for data analysis
- Partner with business functions to define and implement business metrics and KPI' s
- Extensive experience in the data warehouse space (Snowflake, Redshift).
- 3+ years’ experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling.
- 3+ years’ experience in writing SQL statements
- Advanced experience in custom ETL design, implementation and maintenance
- Experience with BI Tools (Tableau, Looker, Mode)
- Communication skills including the ability to identify and communicate data driven insights.
- Ability to analyze data to identify deliverables, gaps and inconsistencies.
Huge plus if you have E-Commerce experience!