Senior Data Scientist
675 Avenue Of The Americas Fl 6 New York, NY 10010
Title: Senior Data Scientist- Machine Learning
Company: Health and Wellness
Location: New York, NY
**Candidates must be a US citizen or have Green Card to be considered**
JBC is seeking mid-senior level data scientists to join a small but growing, and well-supported team, to build predictive models, recommenders, and other awesome data products, and get them into production!
- Partner with stakeholders across the organization to identify high-impact opportunities to leverage our extensive data to better serve our users.
- Develop predictive and other machine-learned models to enhance and optimize user engagement and experience.
- Perform exploratory and targeted analyses to understand the data, the problem, and to generate insights, such as novel features, that can be fed into models.
- Work with the rest of the team, and with consumers and partners in dev and product, to implement and ship production-level code.
- Explore and assess utility and potential of additional data sources, APIs, and methods (spanning area such as statistics, deep learning, and natural language processing).
- Motivate and mentor other data scientists to grow their skills and careers.
- 3+ years of experience building and implementing machine-learned models in industry, ideally dealing with problems relevant to behavior change, community, product, and/or marketing.
- Advanced Degree (Ph.D./MS) in data science, statistics, or a related quantitative discipline.
- Experience with advanced modeling techniques, such as collaborative filtering and content-based recommenders, matrix factorization, time series analysis, classifiers, natural language processing, and ensemble methods.
- Expert knowledge of Python / R and SQL, or similar industry standard tools used for large-scale data analysis and modeling.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform (Dataflow, Beam, BigQuery, Tensorflow) and other big data technologies a plus.
- Recent experience with a digital company a plus.
- Self-motivated, results oriented, enthusiastic, and a creative thinker.
Salary: Commensurate with experience