Senior Brand & Media Strategist
512 7th Avenue 41st Floor New York, NY 10018
Title: Senior Brand & Media Strategist
Company: Independent Full-service Advertising Agency
Location: New York, New York
Responsibilities: The Brand & Media Strategist is a senior asset that will play an integral role in providing insight-driven solutions for both full-service and media-only accounts across a portfolio of CPG brand leaders:
- Perform competitive research, situational analysis, consumer research, target analysis, social listening, and reviewing client data
- Work with analytics team to analyze shopper data, brand and category sales performance and media spend data
- Partner with client teams on consumer research and focus groups
- Translate findings into clear, distinctive insights you will use to create target profiles, personas, consumer journeys, brand positioning statements, creative briefs and communications architecture platforms
- Collaborate closely with agency team to optimize strategic deliverables
- Present and defend your work internally and with clients
- Represent the brand voice in inter-agency team meetings
- Review media recommendations, creative executions and IAT outputs to ensure that brand voice and positioning are represented in a consistent yet media-deliberate way
- Field ongoing strategic requests from clients
- Help the team stay up-to-date with the latest consumer trends, particularly in the CPG category
- Ongoing investigation of the latest research and analytics channels
- Regular contributions to agency thought leadership writings
You will have a passion for digging into consumer research, trends and social listening, as well as collaborating with the analytics team to mine shopper data, sales performance and media spend data + turning those findings into meaningful human insights + weaving those insights into a compelling narrative you will use to inform inspired briefs, a cohesive communications architecture and persuasive case studies:
- Bachelor’ s degree required. A degree in marketing or advertising is preferred.
- 7-10 years of agency experience; CPG experience is preferred.
- Some media experience (on-line and/or off-line) considered a strong attribute!
Salary: commensurate with experience