Senior Back End Engineer
731 Spring Street Suite 500 Los Angeles, CA 90018
Our product has seen tremendous growth over the past year, and we were featured as our Inc Magazine’ s 2018 Top 25 Disruptors in eCommerce.
We are looking for Software Developers to be key contributors and make an impact on the world.
In this role, you’ ll work across the technical stack from re-platforming entire web applications to contributing to core internal APIs. As a growing company, we want teammates who are self-starters – people who take pride in their work and strive to leave the code better than when they found it.
What you’ ll do:
- Help us scale out our Platform and other products.
- Participate in creative brainstorming sessions to create new ideas of building apps. We’ re not looking for code monkeys but people that want to make a difference.
- Keep projects on track by communicating with project managers and spotting potential issues.
- Work with a team of developers to execute strategies, implement solutions and produce peer reviewed quality software
- 4+ years’ experience of building scalable RESTful back-end services using Ruby, Go, Node.js or Python.
- Working experience with GraphQL and AWS API Gateway.
- Implemented microservices architecture for backend services for delivering highly distributed and resilient architecture.
- Implement and believe in automated testing like a unit/integration test.
- Experience using API documentation tools like Swagger.
- Strong grasp over database technologies using SQL and NoSQL databases like Postgres, MySQL, Redis.
- Strong understanding of caching technologies like: Fastly, DynamoDB, ElasticCache.
- Working knowledge of Docker/Container technologies like Kubernetes or ECS.