108 W 39th Street, 7th Floor New York, New York 10018
Title of Job: Senior Accountant
JBCHoldings is a one-stop-shop from the sales floor to boardroom. Our six unique brands JBCStyle, JBCconnect, Janou Pakter, JBCPlatform, JBCPOP and JBCPaySmart cater to our client partners for specific needs on every project. From freelance, temp, to fulltime positions we work around your hiring needs.
Whether your background is in retail, creative, or corporate we provide the guidance and worldwide connections you need to keep your career moving forward. Our Accounting/Finance team is a growing group with a strong entrepreneurial spirit that continually embraces these qualities. We are seeking two individuals with that same passion and drive to continue to help our company grow and succeed.
Location: Midtown, NYC
Responsibilities: The Accountant(s) will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the accounting function, including: Cash management / Cash Flow, AR/AP, all GL responsibilities, Accrued Expenses, and Reporting across. The senior role will have many layers to it that can and will own AR/AP, Credit and Accounting and partner with Finance for the junior role which will own Accounting across 9 LLC’ s, 5 countries and all of our businesses. Additional responsibilities include:
- Generating weekly/monthly P&L and budget reports for senior management
- Performing weekly/monthly P&L and balance sheet analysis
- Supporting VP of Finance in P&L' s, reporting, budgets, planning and forecasting
- Own and manage the full books and records accounting for our group of companies with US and European operating incomes and expenses.
- Working with the Finance team, create daily cash report/weekly forecast: inflows/outflows, cash outlook for the next week/month and historical trends
- Preparing daily cash flow reports
- Manage the monthly and year-end Financial Close Processes as well as process improvements
- Calculating and filing Sales Tax, Payroll Tax and General tax returns
- Cash management/forecasting
- Corporate bank account reconciliations
- Balance sheet account analysis
- Perform accounting research
- Oversee and support AR/AP
- Ad hoc reporting
- Be a self-motivated individual who possesses a “ roll up the sleeves attitude” and a “ hands-on” style, as well as the aptitude to thrive in a fast-paced, results- oriented environment
- Fluency in Excel (pivot tables and VLOOKUP functions) and other Microsoft Office applications
- Bring a passion for accomplishment and success and set high standards for performance
- Value team-work and collaboration.
- Exhibit a participatory and inclusive style
- Demonstrate the highest level of personal ethics and professional integrity
- B.S. Degree in Accounting
- Experience with various accounting systems (QuickBooks, Oracle, and/or other operating systems)