Security Operations Engineer
8281 Greensboro Dr McLean, VA 22102
Title: Security Operations Engineer (SecOps, DevSecOps)
Company Description: Digital Tech Company
Location: McLean, VA (Tysons Corner)
Rapidly growing digital identification company outside of D.C. is seeking a new Security Operations Engineer to join their team!
This person will plan, implement and upgrade security measures and controls. The SecOps Engineer will defend systems against unauthorized access or threat, identify abnormalities using SIEM, IDS/IPS, firewalls, etc, and respond to incidents. Additionally, the SecOps Engineer will perform vulnerability testing, risk analyses and assessments. Ad hoc responsibilities as required.
- 5+ years experience in information security
- Prior experience in incident response or threat hunting
Bonus Points if you have:
- Experience with cloud technologies such as AWS, GCP, and/or Azure
- Experience with security automation (Chef, Inspec, Jenkins)
- Experience in scripting (Bash, Python, and/or Ruby)
- Industry security certifications, such as GCIH/ECIH, Security+, or related