SR Product Designer
939 Harrison Street San Francisco, CA 94107
Company: Lifestyle Start Up
Role: Senior Product Designer
Location: San Franscico
Our client is looking for a senior product designer to join our founding design team. The ideal candidate is someone who' s passionate about product design but doesn’ t shy away from wearing many hats. Someone who understands that the best experience isn’ t crafted in a silo, but is a coordinated team effort across product, engineering and marketing. Someone who loves collaboration, giving and receiving feedback, communicates clearly, listens and empathizes with multiple points of view, and cares about the fit and finish of every detail of the product.
We’ re looking for a designer who wants to join an early stage startup. Who is ready for an uncomfortable, but incredibly rewarding challenge. Someone who is excited about going from 15 employees to 500. Who is scrappy and resourceful. And someone who wants play a central role in influencing, crafting and building what design means here.
What you' ll do
- Experience designing for mobile and web
- Work closely with Product, Engineering and Marketing to represent the design team, facilitate design discussions, and give feedback in planning and product discussions.
- Work extremely closely with Engineering to ensure a high-quality design implementation and user experience
- Solicit feedback from your peers, including other product designers and teammates in your product team
- Help define and influence the design culture. Champion design thinking, process and practice as we scale and grow
- Interview new Product Designers and actively inform our inclusive design hiring process.
- Mentor and lead other designers on the team
- Give internal brown-bags and talks about design
- Help make Joy a fun place to work
- 5+ years professional experience
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with ambiguity
- Strong visual design and communication skills
- A lover of typography
- Believes in sketching and rapid prototyping
- Not afraid to start over
- Experience with end-to-end product design
- Shipped real product to real customers
- Contributed as a leader in design and a strong collaborator with product managers and engineers
- Can wear many hats. From product design and definition, Hi-fi and Lo-fi prototyping, pixel-perfect visual mockups to user research and talking to customers.
- Experience with mobile design patterns
- On top of the latest apps and experiences in mobile
- Sketch or Figma or XD. Not Photoshop and Illustrator
- Principle, Framer or Origami