SR Interaction Designer
20 Davis Drive Belmont, CA 94002
Location: San Mateo
Our client is creating cool, disruptive products and they need your help!
The UX team is based at our client' s HQ near San Mateo CA. Theytwork closely with local Product and Engineering teams and remote development centers in Odessa, Ukraine, St. Petersburg, Russia and Xiamen, China. This team has a voice at the executive level of the organization, reporting directly to the EVP of Innovation. They deliver our initiatives in an environment of collaboration, high productivity, and low drama.
The Senior Interaction Designer will work closely with one or more product teams to develop a point of view on our users, their challenges, and the product features we need to deliver in order to meet their needs. Then, knowing what they want to do, the Sr. Interaction Designer will design the interfaces needed to develop in order to deliver those features.
The successful candidate will have a deep portfolio of interaction design at all level of fidelity from rough sketches to final spec documents, with a specific emphasis on the design and socialization of pattern libraries.
You work equally well with designers and engineers, understanding the symbiosis that exists between the two. You have a passion for design and innovation and understand that culture is the foundation of success in UX.
This is not an entry-level position. You must be able to work independently on multiple projects, engaging at all levels of the organization from individual contributors to executive staff.
As a Senior UX Interaction Designer, you will
- Work with Product teams to build a deep understanding of our product family, and our various end user audiences
- Lead the design for specific web product feature initiatives
- Act as key liaison with the global engineering teams responsible for the implementation of the designs.
- Promote a culture of empathy for the end user, as seen through the focus on business objectives
- Communicate your ideas to a broad audience
- Bachelor’ s degree or higher from an accredited university in a Computer Science, Interaction Design, and/or Visual Communication Design discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in digital product development such as apps, desktop, web, and/or digital ecosystems
- Experience on cross-functional design and development teams creating web-based products.
- Proficiency in key design applications, and the knowledge of when to use which tools
- Pen and paper, whiteboard and marker
- Wireframes and Visual design tools, including Sketch, Illustrator
- Prototyping tools, including Sketch, Abstract, Invision
- Communication tools including Glip, Slack, and Google Sites
- M.S. in Computer Science, Interaction Design, Visual Communication design or a related field or equivalent degree.
- 7+ years of experience as UX practitioner (visual designer, interaction designer) on both consumer and enterprise applications