SAS Data Mining Analyst
557 Broadway New York, New York 10012
Title: SAS Data Mining Analyst
Location: New York, New York
- Candidate must have a strong knowledge of SAS programing as well as a strong familiarity with data processing within a traditional direct marketing environment.
- The position reports to the Director of Data Mining.
- The primary responsibility of this position is supporting all email and direct mail campaign selection, reporting, and modeling / data mining analysis.
- This position will also work on analytical and statistical projects for the domestic divisions, as well as function as a fully cross-trained team member of the Corporate Marketing group.
- Candidate should be an expert SAS programmer, and equally adept at developing production-level code and at rapidly writing complex programs to support ad hoc data manipulation needs.
- Candidate should also be able to perform cold readings of SAS code and confidently understand what the code is doing.
- Candidate should also be comfortable juggling a highly varied spectrum of projects – from routine programming duties, to campaign selection in SAS Campaign Management and SAS E-Guide, to participation in more long-term analytical projects, all while constantly dealing with interruptions for data and analytical emergencies.
- The candidate’ s ability to manage time effectively and transition from project to project quickly is essential for success in the position
- Execute mail campaigns within SAS Campaign Manager or SAS Enterprise Guide, and interface with clients concerning mail selections.
- Create reports and perform ad hoc marketing analysis, using SAS code or SAS Enterprise Guide
- Develop SAS data sets using Base SAS, to support statistical modeling and data mining projects.
- Work on analytical data mining projects using SAS
- Write production SAS code supporting reporting/analysis, campaign selection, and the creation of summarized data mart tables within SAS environment
- Create and maintain external data feeds into SAS environment, cleaning and transforming data using SAS code
- Support data QC through SAS programming
- Support all Corporate Marketing reporting and campaign selection by writing SAS code as necessary
- BS / BA in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Economics, or other quantitative field
- At least 5 years professional experience using SAS programming for data analysis and data processing
- Strong written/verbal communications skills
- Proven ability to juggle multiple data processing and analytical projects, while also handling emergency interruptions, managing time effectively.
- Ability to collaborate and function effectively as a member of a team
- Expert SAS programmer - candidate must have a solid understanding of:
- Match-merging in SAS code, especially using the DATA step
- SAS macro-language
- SAS array
- Looping – within DATA step and within marco code
- SAS ODS language
- All functionality of PROC SQL and the DATA step
- Basic procedures like MEANS, TRANSPOSE, FREQ, RANK, TABULATE, STDIZE, and UNIVARIATE
- Candidate should be proficient with SAS Enterprise Guide.
- Candidate should be a power user of Excel – experience using SAS-Excel interface a plus
- Experience with SAS campaign management is a strong plus, but not required.
Salary: Commensurate with experience