Retail Service Operations Analyst
560 20th St San Francisco, CA 94107
Title: Retail Service Operations Analyst
Company Description: Large Consumer Brand
Location: San Francisco, CA
- Enable: You will provide daily support of the field team launching new technology features, tackling questions about their account data, reporting trends in their territories, and providing ongoing enablement of Salesforce.com and related tools. You will also employ statistical analysis to lower Mystery Shopper failure rates in meaningful and sustainable ways.
- Partner: You will collaborate with key stakeholders (i.e. Data, Sales, Trade Marketing, Enablement) to gather and analyze structured feedback to improve productivity via Salesforce.com and related tools. Collaborate with peers across the business to improve the overall effectiveness of our go-to-market activities.
- Insights: You will be the reporting engine for your regional team to translate standardized reports into actionable insights for the retail services team.
- Evangelize: You are excited about technology and data and have a unique ability to spread your enthusiasm. Your role is to infect the field team with your enthusiasm for the tools that can make their jobs easier.
- Influence: You will develop a data-driven retail services team through driving understanding of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Performance Dashboards. You will track adoption through Salesforce reporting.
- Improve: You will proactively identify and act on opportunities for improvement across the retail management process. Work with division leaders to uncover bottlenecks and inconsistencies, and prioritize opportunities for improvement.
- Collect: You’ ll be quarterbacking efforts to collect data from some 3rd party data sources and advocating for proper data structure for downstream analysis
- Preprocess: We’ re ingesting data from a lot of sources, some are well structured, others not so much. You’ ll help clean some of our datasets for use in analytics constructs. Over time you’ ll help develop processes for wrangling data to make it as automated as possible
- Build: You’ ll build Salesforce dashboards/reports for stakeholders to help guide their decision making. This could range from operational reports for our distributors to performance dashboards for our territory managers.
- Clarify: Data is often nuanced. As you start sharing reports and dashboard you’ ll become the subject matter expert of that data and be able to explain it to non-technical stakeholders
- Share: As someone who’ s exposed to a variety of data, you’ ll have some unique insights. You’ ll be able to form narratives that make us all more data driven.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in business analysis or a related field.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations.
- Advanced technical skills - SQL, Tableau, Salesforce, Marketo - a plus
- The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- A track record of following through on commitments and deliverables
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- A history of leading and supporting successful projects.
- Experience using Salesforce.com is a must
- Experience using Business Intelligence tools (Mode, Tableau or Looker) is a plus
- Retail/Sales/Customer service background, especially in an operations capacity
- Understanding the Large Consumer Brand user
- Relevant advanced education or training