Rentention Marketing Specialist
South West Los Angeles, CA 90248
Title: Retention Marketing Specialist
Location: Los Angeles (South West), CA.
Company: Mission-driven accessories company
Drive awareness, acquisition, conversion and retention of our customers. The Retention team owns on-site personalization, email and retargeting strategies and collaborates closely with our marketing, e-commerce, design and analytics teams to build programs focused on improving our customers’ experience. The Retention Marketing Manager will strengthen our relationship with our customers throughout their life-cycle by driving high-value behaviors, reducing churn and increasing lifetime value. Responsible for developing and implementing our retention capabilities and must be comfortable operating fluidly across the strategy, analytics, and execution spectrum. The ideal candidate is a data-driven leader with proven, hands-on experience improving retention and increasing customer lifetime value.
- Develop and own retention strategy, rooted in data, including clear objectives channel roadmaps, measures of success, and a learning agenda to continue informing and improving that strategy.
- Lead and develop a team that drives execution of that strategy and owns day to day execution of email, push, and retention marketing campaigns deployed to millions of users.
- Build a strong understanding of customer segmentation, behavior and consumer insights to leverage in marketing campaigns that drive customer LTV.
- Drive innovation, growth, and operational improvement in the email and push channels.
- Collaborate with Acquisition and Integrated Marketing teams on promotional strategy, including forecasting and recommending promotional models each month and measuring + reporting out on their impact.
- Understand the product conversion and engagement funnel; use data to design marketing campaigns to influence the funnel metrics.
- Ensure a rapid pace of A/B and multivariate experiments to optimize key performance metrics; analyze findings, present recommendations, and scale as necessary.
- Work closely with Technology and Marketing teams on analysis and reporting on the success of programs and retention revenue. Own retention and CRM KPIs, including deliverability, open rate, click rate, conversion rate, opt-out and revenue across the email and push channels.
- Collaborate with the Marketing, Technology, Merchandising and Design teams to test and improve the content leveraged in retention marketing campaigns and channels.
- Partner with Customer Service and Product teams to identify optimization opportunities within the customer cancellation and refund workflows.
- 3-5 years Retention marketing experience, with a significant amount of that experience in related analytical marketing including email, on-site, loyalty, and promotions.
- E-commerce, marketplace and/or retail experience preferred.
- Proven track record driving customer retention and/or improvement in retention channels such as email and retargeting; prior ownership of an RFM and/or cohort model preferred.
- Experience collaborating cross-functionally to drive retention initiatives, with both the technical and marketing teams
- Savviness with marketing technologies (attribution, marketing analytical tools, ESPs, CRM). You have worked extensively with marketing automation technology and data management platforms.
- Motivation to collaborate and lead: You enjoy working effectively with teams and have experience leading them in an agile, iterative test and learn environment.
- Strong data visualization skills: You can convey data in an organized and comprehensible manner.
- Analytical chops: You enjoy analyzing data, drawing conclusions and developing recommendations relating to retention marketing strategy. Bonus points if you have experience with SQL
- Exceptional communication skills: You’ ll constantly be working across teams and stakeholders to influence decisions and it is crucial that you’ re able to present well.